Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Add me to the list as well. I would love to purchase something like this.
Sponsored

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
He is awesome, @evanevery

I did the front awhile ago and the instructions were super clear.

I just haven’t had time totry out the back that he made for me. Will post pics once done. Haven’t been off to a great start in the year with covid related problems somehow kicking in now for my family.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Wow this took me 3 weeks..... thank you for this it looks great!

E023D01A-2D62-4DD5-995F-0B021F827C64.jpeg
Trying to figure out why the heck those two hole cutouts are there - is there an alternate bike carrier you can get for the Sedan perhaps that these holes would accommodate (would obviously be a diff. setup to the rear bike carrier for the Cross Turismo)?

I wonder too if these holes are on the Cross Turismo? Like the ideas here re making a cover but did wonder what it would cost to simply order a Euro plate holder - shipping of course might make this rather pricey. I have a query into Suncoast - response pending.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Trying to figure out why the heck those two hole cutouts are there - is there an alternate bike carrier you can get for the Sedan perhaps that these holes would accommodate (would obviously be a diff. setup to the rear bike carrier for the Cross Turismo)?

I wonder too if these holes are on the Cross Turismo? Like the ideas here re making a cover but did wonder what it would cost to simply order a Euro plate holder - shipping of course might make this rather pricey. I have a query into Suncoast - response pending.
How does the Euro plate attach to the bumper? I think that's the biggest issue.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't really see a big issue there - the two mounting holes for the NA holder I think can be easily used by modifying the Euro holder and simply using the same bolts that held the NA plate holder on. Still of course need to modify to hold the NA plate, but not that challenging.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Don't really see a big issue there - the two mounting holes for the NA holder I think can be easily used by modifying the Euro holder and simply using the same bolts that held the NA plate holder on. Still of course need to modify to hold the NA plate, but not that challenging.
Sorry - didn't realize you had switched to talking about the rear plate. My bad.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you only want the standard plate mount, you only need to print the following pieces:

- Grill Mounts: These are the pieces which attach to your grill
- Supports: These are the standard uprights to which you attach the plate
- Nut Lock (x2): You can glue these in behind your nuts in the Grill Mounts to help hold the nuts in place when the uprights are removed

(BTW - It looks like the Grill Mounts were in the original V3 archive twice - both as "Grill Mounts" and also as "Mounts". I probably renamed them for clarity and then forgot to remove the original files... )

Here is an abbreviated archive for you (attached). This contains only the very basic components and none of the variations or add-ons for attaching "other stuff"...
Did anyone wind up getting this made? What's a good 3d printing provider that would get these done?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t done anything. I justtook off the license plate holder. That’s what it looks like without the hideous plate holder.

I was wondering if maybe someone would like to start a small back plate project. ? Maybe looking more like a European version of the Taycan from the back.
I have yet to look in detail at the attachments but whilst the two 'plugs' can be pulled out relatively easily can you recall if the top of the 'monkey butt' plate holder is attached with a screw or rivet or just a plastic tab?

I'm still dead keen on getting this ugly thing off my car and looking for a plate to replace it - @evanevery 's plug filling solution looks excellent but not familiar with any place I'd trust here to do a proper job with the 3D printing.

I may just ask the custom shop I will be going to this Tue who are going to paint my fender arches if they can build something or again might just do myself if their solution is mad expensive. Was hoping someone had taken up the request to measure this up and print but I guess not :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have yet to look in detail at the attachments but whilst the two 'plugs' can be pulled out relatively easily can you recall if the top of the 'monkey butt' plate holder is attached with a screw or rivet or just a plastic tab?

I'm still dead keen on getting this ugly thing off my car and looking for a plate to replace it - @evanevery 's plug filling solution looks excellent but not familiar with any place I'd trust here to do a proper job with the 3D printing.

I may just ask the custom shop I will be going to this Tue who are going to paint my fender arches if they can build something or again might just do myself if their solution is mad expensive. Was hoping someone had taken up the request to measure this up and print but I guess not :)
Thought I'd update my temp solution to the Money Butt Plate holder :) - Plan on doing a better custom fit but also a more elegant solution with matching ribbing if I can - again this is just a prelim template (color obviously not matched but even this grey not as light as it appears here) and actually not the one I will use in the final version:
Porsche Taycan 3D Printed Removable Front Plate Mount for Taycan (Print Files Attached) IMG_4934

Ultimately will look more like this:
Porsche Taycan 3D Printed Removable Front Plate Mount for Taycan (Print Files Attached) Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 11.45.52 AM

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
I've stuck my short legal plate on with double sided tape - its neat but its already lifting slightly at one corner. I tried to 'form' a backing block using body filler to fill the curve in the bumper and so let the plate sit flat but I made a right mess of it as the filler just stuck to the bumper and plate and so got destroyed when I removed the plate after pressing it in place to form the shape required. :facepalm: Maybe I should have wrapped the filler 'sausage' in cling film...? Wish I had a 3D printer or access to 1 :(

Porsche Taycan 3D Printed Removable Front Plate Mount for Taycan (Print Files Attached) 2022-01-08 12.30.34-1

I got some small 4mm fir tree plugs and painted their heads Gentian blue as next stage.

Someone said its the dealers that drill the holes and I'd PLEADED with them not to but they said they come like that from the factory. Mess.

harmor

First Name
Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 997.2 Carrera S
Country flag
Hi Ed,

What an amazing project! :muscle:

I am looking for a license plate mount solution for my Porsche 997.2.

In my country the front license plate is a must, so I am looking more for a permanent solution.

Last weekend I added DIY grills into the left and right air intakes. I might also put a grill into the middle section that is connected to the outer sections.

There are already a couple of holes in my bumper from the previously mounted license plates and the bumper also needs a respray due to some paint peeling.

Before having the paint job done, I wanted to go for a more elegant solution with the license plate, which is why I plan to take your idea and approach to apply on the 997 model.

The plate will be allocated much higher than in the picture. Besides that I pretty much want to do what you have done.

This raises a couple of questions:

How did you get the correct shape of the bumper transferred into a CAD model?

I read that you used “… contour gauge, digitizer, and digital angle gauge/protractor”, but I wonder how that was done step by step. I would really appreciate if you could elaborate more on this process.

How the mounts are bolted to the bumper? Did you drill 2 holes there? And also here, how you took the exact measurements and transferred it to the CAD model?

Thanks alot for any assistance!

All the best,
Harald

Porsche Taycan 3D Printed Removable Front Plate Mount for Taycan (Print Files Attached) 997
Sponsored