Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
If the 22kW option is available to you then select it and that will ensure you get the maximum possible AC charging for the car and also takes advantage of your 3 phase home supply. This coupled with your PMCC is the dream home AC solution.

If you are still unsure then reach out to your dealer but it's pretty straightforward.

UK standard spec cars have the 11kW onboard AC charger as most people don't have 3 phase supply (expensive to install). However for those who have then they can upgrade the car to 22kW for a King's ransom.

The car is compatible with all AC charging regardless of the supply so no worries on that front. Ideally you always want to use DC chargers for higher speed charging when out on the road.
Electrician jus left and the problem was that one of the cables on the inside, which Porsche gave me wasn’t compatible with charging at 22kw. He has now changed it to the right Porsche cable and now it charges at 22kw! Problem solved!
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Anyone solve the alarm issue yet? I’ve got an appointment with Porsche Lausanne on Sept 10th.

Here’s the video I sent them:

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Anyone solve the alarm issue yet? I’ve got an appointment with Porsche Lausanne on Sept 10th.

Here’s the video I sent them:
Nope. Still waiting from the call from my Porsche dealer. Temporary solution for me is turning off Interior Surveillance. Hope there is a solution by the 10th of September so both you and all of us can get it fixed!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Electrician jus left and the problem was that one of the cables on the inside, which Porsche gave me wasn’t compatible with charging at 22kw. He has now changed it to the right Porsche cable and now it charges at 22kw! Problem solved!
Excellent. There is a choice of supply cables and if not the correct ampage rating then flow will be throttled back accordingly.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Alarm goes off regardless of leveled or not for me. An interesting thing happened the other day when parking outside the main door to my home. In the evening when locking the door to my home (hours after locking the car), when the sound of me locking the door, alarm went off exactly the same time. I suspect there is something wrong with the ultrasound sensor.
I’m really struggling with the alarm problem. It’s getting worse. Literally goes off every time I lock the car. I’ve switched off the alarm via the settings but it still goes off? It goes off I unlock the car, it goes off again… how do you switch it off permanently
My Porsche dealer just called. No soution yet. They still don’t know whether it’s a software or hardware issue. Germany is still looking for solutions. They still don’t know when there will be a solution.

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
My Porsche dealer just called. No soution yet. They still don’t know whether it’s a software or hardware issue. Germany is still looking for solutions. They still don’t know when there will be a solution.
anyone had this issue resolved yet or been made aware of the solution how to fix ?

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
anyone had this issue resolved yet or been made aware of the solution how to fix ?
The temporary solution that works for me is to turn off Interior Surveillance. No permanent solution just yet, but is coming soon.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
How can they deliver the car with this problem, I would think that they lock the car at some point before delivery and this problem had to show up at the factory or dealer? Very annoying problem to have, I hope my CT4 isn't affected (delivery in october).

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
Had the same problem with my first generation Macan, alarm would go off intermittently when the car was parked. They eventually changed the interior sensor to fix the problem. Workaround until they found the cause was to disable the interior sensor.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
They have my car at the garage and said they found the problem and are changing something, I think it’s the sensor. Will confirm on Monday when I pick it up

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Hey guys, I picked up my Taycan CT on Friday last week alarm would go off at all hours of the day and night..took it to dealer..they found a few error codes but nothing directly related to alarm going off. They called me to say car was ready and that I could pick it up....by the time I got to dealer the alarm had gone off in their lot.. I left the car for another 2 days (shout out to Porsche Irvine their service tech Jon was great, and very understanding of my frustration).
They work on it full tilt and traced to a bad motion sensor. They were able to replace it and I haven't had any issues in the past 24 hrs! Fingers crossed.
Sound like they may be getting some bad motion sensors. I would ask your service rep to to start by replacing the sensor and then go from there. Good luck
K

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Hey guys, I picked up my Taycan CT on Friday last week alarm would go off at all hours of the day and night..took it to dealer..they found a few error codes but nothing directly related to alarm going off. They called me to say car was ready and that I could pick it up....by the time I got to dealer the alarm had gone off in their lot.. I left the car for another 2 days (shout out to Porsche Irvine their service tech Jon was great, and very understanding of my frustration).
They work on it full tilt and traced to a bad motion sensor. They were able to replace it and I haven't had any issues in the past 24 hrs! Fingers crossed.
Sound like they may be getting some bad motion sensors. I would ask your service rep to to start by replacing the sensor and then go from there. Good luck
K
thanks mine in next week for new motion sensors

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Most important. Where are the pictures of your CT? C'mon. Throw us a bone.

-ThinkMac-

K

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Please give us an update when they’re installed! I would love to see if that’s why the alarm keeps going off!
Sponsored