Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey guys, I picked up my Taycan CT on Friday last week alarm would go off at all hours of the day and night..took it to dealer..they found a few error codes but nothing directly related to alarm going off. They called me to say car was ready and that I could pick it up....by the time I got to dealer the alarm had gone off in their lot.. I left the car for another 2 days (shout out to Porsche Irvine their service tech Jon was great, and very understanding of my frustration).
They work on it full tilt and traced to a bad motion sensor. They were able to replace it and I haven't had any issues in the past 24 hrs! Fingers crossed.
Sound like they may be getting some bad motion sensors. I would ask your service rep to to start by replacing the sensor and then go from there. Good luck
K
Nice to hear! Still no alarm?
Sponsored

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
So far the new motion sensor has solved the alarm problem. My screens went black this am but was able to hard boot and they are back working. I think I will get to know my service advisor throughout my lease. Other than the little niggling issue I absolutely love the car.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
So far the new motion sensor has solved the alarm problem. My screens went black this am but was able to hard boot and they are back working. I think I will get to know my service advisor throughout my lease. Other than the little niggling issue I absolutely love the car.
Fingers crossed that the motion sensors was the problem.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
How can they deliver the car with this problem, I would think that they lock the car at some point before delivery and this problem had to show up at the factory or dealer? Very annoying problem to have, I hope my CT4 isn't affected (delivery in october).
Well, this is the first time ever that Porsche has manufactured this car. Maybe, when they tested the car they didn't get any of the faulty cars. Look at Samsung, with the Note 7. The phone passed the quality tests, yet a lot of the Note 7's exploded or was on fire.
These things happen.

Reactions: DrT

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Well, this is the first time ever that Porsche has manufactured this car. Maybe, when they tested the car they didn't get any of the faulty cars. Look at Samsung, with the Note 7. The phone passed the quality tests, yet a lot of the Note 7's exploded or was on fire.
These things happen.
It only started happening to me after a few weeks and several 1000km’s and usually when parked at home (on a slope) which may explain why they didn’t pick it up in testing? Who knows

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
It only started happening to me after a few weeks and several 1000km’s and usually when parked at home (on a slope) which may explain why they didn’t pick it up in testing? Who knows
Might be individual to the car. But yeah, who knows.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Alarm issues are back . When I lock car without Interior Monitoring switched off "so standard locking" the alarm has triggered a few times in the past 12 hrs. BTW my driveway is flat so it is not being parked on a slope being the issue.
Kinda getting annoying

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Doesn't Porsche software log the reasons for alarm being triggered so it can help debugging what happened? This sounds like it should be able to be diagnosed fairly accurately, for example if log says internal sensor tripped the alarm, then you know it's either a sensor, or something in the car tripping the sensor (see in the logs what else was the car doing around the time alarm tripped, was it self-leveling, was it heating or cooling, was it moving seats - not sure why it would, but that could trigger a motion alarm, etc, etc).

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
So they reckon the sensor was faulty and have replaced it. Seemed pretty sure. Also did some other Porsche mandated service item and left it looking sparkling inside and out and with 100% charge. Good first service experience.

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems 8CA2A3BB-FC6A-447B-BCB8-D6ABF6CF53F4

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
never checked out Gentian Blue in the flesh. My current 4S CT is ordered in Gentian, other pictures I've seen, have show it to be pretty dark. Yours is a bright blue, is this because of the Sun or it's brighter blue in general?

I have couple of Model X in Tesla Metallic Blue, and it's pretty dark. Was hoping to a lighter blue, but still deep blue. Just don't want it to be more matte or really dark.

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-

So they reckon the sensor was faulty and have replaced it. Seemed pretty sure. Also did some other Porsche mandated service item and left it looking sparkling inside and out and with 100% charge. Good first service experience.

8CA2A3BB-FC6A-447B-BCB8-D6ABF6CF53F4.jpeg

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
never checked out Gentian Blue in the flesh. My current 4S CT is ordered in Gentian, other pictures I've seen, have show it to be pretty dark. Yours is a bright blue, is this because of the Sun or it's brighter blue in general?

I have couple of Model X in Tesla Metallic Blue, and it's pretty dark. Was hoping to a lighter blue, but still deep blue. Just don't want it to be more matte or really dark.

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-
It changes colour in the sunshine. See here from 3 different angles

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems 99DBD882-40D0-4083-A474-BA290B093301

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems FF391111-3584-476D-A8AF-489049B07238

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems 1EE53888-4FC8-4EC2-B6B2-D95FBC8C7C82

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Thanks Swissbob. I'm keeping the Gentian Blue order. :)

Looks nice.

-ThinkMac-

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Saw one at Sportscar Together Fest last weekend. Very happy my wife (and 6yo daughter) chose this color.

And no alarms went off during the event.

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems 61D85B20-EF58-47DE-B832-19A92EFE0FCB

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems 28C1FF4A-2D02-415A-AFD7-E60B3FF4E05B