4s Cross Turismo Problems

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Do you know, that it’s,possible to dissable alarm?
when you lock the car (with key), press twice (instead of once), and you’ll get longer blink… and alarm is dissabled.
Double tap locking does only turn off the compartment sensing alarm. The alarm is still ON for doors etc.

Single tap locking - alarm goes off frequently at random for me.

Double tap locking - alarm still have gone off a few times, but it has happened when using the connect app. Now I also have the my Porsche app and I am confused to which app to use. Maybe the car is also confused so it sets the alarm off.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I haven’t had enough time to investigate all features, I just wanted to prevent alarm to scream without reason.
by now, double-click works for me.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Hey Guys I Picked up my cross Turismo on September 4 and I have had alarm issues ever since.Car has been in shop for three weeks they changed central computer and reset PCM and now they seem to think it has something to do with the Porsche connect app. When car is set to private mode no false alarms when I log into Porsche Connect app and connect to car it triggers the alarm when logged on the Porsche connect app. Delete the app and no issues.
Working with Porsche to cover my lease payment as I have had the car for 4 days since buying it. All in all pretty great car the couple days I had to drive it. Dealer has been great but they are as stumped as I am.
I think if they can't find the problem I just need to delete the Porsche connect app.
I haven't had the faulty indicator light issue warning a lot of you are mentioning ..lot of electronics in these babies so no wonder we are having issues.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry guys I think it's call "privacy mode" in the on board communication settings screen

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Have you tried disabling the interior surveillance option before uninstalling the app? It worked for most people, me included. That option gets re-enabled every now and then so you need to disable it again, but worths the trouble and you can keep the app. Found the app quite useless, today it even displayed a different range than the car.

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey Guys. Picked up my 4s CT on Tuesday and... have the Alarm Issue since, mostly at night :angry:
Except from that, love the car.

Was at the dealship this morning but they had no clue, downloaded the errors from the key but nothing noticable on there. Have an appointment for Monday now to read out the cars internal logs and do some tests. Having found this post I will hint them to replacing the motion sensors and continue from there as this has solved it for some of you.

Turning off the internal motion sensors by double tapping the close button seems to be a valid workaround for now. I have also had the "turn indicators error" after the alarm went off once (being a false positive, as they both worked). What I also noticed is that even having turned off the motion sensors, when I play around with the Connect App the Alarm sometimes still goes off more or less instant, so there has to be a relation there as well. Have force closed the app for now on my iPhone.

I will try to get the motion sensors replaced asap but still believe that there is also a software issue invloved that will hopefully get fixed soon (OTA?).

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Guys. Picked up my 4s CT on Tuesday and... have the Alarm Issue since, mostly at night :angry:
Except from that, love the car.

Was at the dealship this morning but they had no clue, downloaded the errors from the key but nothing noticable on there. Have an appointment for Monday now to read out the cars internal logs and do some tests. Having found this post I will hint them to replacing the motion sensors and continue from there as this has solved it for some of you.

Turning off the internal motion sensors by double tapping the close button seems to be a valid workaround for now. I have also had the "turn indicators error" after the alarm went off once (being a false positive, as they both worked). What I also noticed is that even having turned off the motion sensors, when I play around with the Connect App the Alarm sometimes still goes off more or less instant, so there has to be a relation there as well. Have force closed the app for now on my iPhone.

I will try to get the motion sensors replaced asap but still believe that there is also a software issue invloved that will hopefully get fixed soon (OTA?).

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the club had the same issue when I picked my car up early September they have tried everything and now think it's connected tot he Porsche connect app which is developed by vodaphone. Car has been at dealer for almost a month and it seems every week they "find the problem" and then when they reset everything to get ready to return the car the alarm goes off. The do believe they have traced it to the connect app and have turned privacy mode on in the car to disable communication with app.
They replaced two central computers and reset PCM.. seems a bit like they are in the dark as to how to fix it. Hate to say it but seems the techs aren't well versed enough on the car electronics. I am supposed to get car back this week fingers crossed love the car for the 4 days I had it, but losing confidence in how reliable the ownership experience it's going to be.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just back from dealer (2nd time after sensors changed first time). Update is that Porsche engineers are still working on the solution for the alarm problem and they hope to have a fix in the next few weeks but not yet confirmed. They gave me the car back as nothing more they can do for now. Only solution in the interim is to deactivate via double keyfob click or via PCM settings.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did get the car back on Saturday and didn't connect the Porsche connect app... so far have had no alarm problems everything else seems to be working on the car so fingers crossed but I don't have the confidence in this car that I do with say Cayenne.. too much electronics and may be that they launched the car a little too early

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I did get the car back on Saturday and didn't connect the Porsche connect app... so far have had no alarm problems everything else seems to be working on the car so fingers crossed but I don't have the confidence in this car that I do with say Cayenne.. too much electronics and may be that they launched the car a little too early
I think the car works as it's supposed to. The code writers and Porsche Connect system seem to be the issues for a large chunk of problems we see surface on the vehicle. My wife drives a Cayenne e-hybrid, and even with that vehicle, half the time Connect won't give an accurate state of charge, or it'll notify us the car finished charging hours after it actually completed the task. The same happens on my 4S, and at this point, I don't really bother with it much. I've been lucky to have an otherwise flawless experience with my Taycan, but I worry my upcoming CT4 delivery will have issues.
Sponsored