4S With Standard LED Headlights

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I am curious why no one seems to have ordered the 4S with the standard LEDS...Its impossible to find a picture of it....

For those from the US, why did you order the Matrix light despite it not being functional...
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am curious why no one seems to have ordered the 4S with the standard LEDS...Its impossible to find a picture of it....

For those from the US, why did you order the Matrix light despite it not being functional...
Mainly because it's included in the Premium package which is pretty much always going to be specced on US cars until a non-panaromic roof option is available here.

If you're not getting the Premium package, though, I wouldn't pay to upgrade the lights. Even if they look a little better, you'll literally never see them after you buy the car and everyone is going to be impressed enough by the Taycan! But I tend to only spec "high impact" options.

Last edited:

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

I ordered the standard lights, work great for me, only thing I am not sure of, does the matrix lights have orange parking lights, mine do not, ( that I can figure out :))

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
In the UK the 4S is standard lights. I upgraded to matrix ones.

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can someone explain what is not functional about the matrix as the original poster indicates?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Can someone explain what is not functional about the matrix as the original poster indicates?
No idea! I wonder if he meant that he doesn’t see the value in matrix? I have not heard of any issues with matrix leds.

OP
OP

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I remember reading about the matrix function being turned off in the US due to regulations...
That's why they call it the "Matrix Design" headlights in the US configurator.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I remember reading about the matrix function being turned off in the US due to regulations...
That's why they call it the "Matrix Design" headlights in the US configurator.
Yes, that is correct. The awesome tech which allows some lights to point in different directions is disabled in the US due to regulation. I think it's a moronic regulation.

The reason I have the upgraded lights is due to them being included in the US package, as mentioned by others above.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes, that is correct. The awesome tech which allows some lights to point in different directions is disabled in the US due to regulation. I think it's a moronic regulation.

The reason I have the upgraded lights is due to them being included in the US package, as mentioned by others above.
Here is my pic of the lights caught on hazard. Is there a way (fuse or something) to adjust the relay to stop the blinking? Really like the amber lights, gotta be a way to keep them on

Porsche Taycan 4S With Standard LED Headlights 991FDED9-7E23-4959-9906-F706386D5758

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Yes sir! Standard LED’s for me and they are fab. They have a high beam assistant feature so they stay on high beam until a car comes ahead and then they automatically dip themselves. I had to pay over £600 for this on my Range Rover Sport so I am really happy with these on the Taycan.
They look great too.
Porsche Taycan 4S With Standard LED Headlights B940A593-F366-4B3C-A675-5998FC49EF68

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
You can see slight differences when comparing these.

Standard LEDs
Porsche Taycan 4S With Standard LED Headlights 1592684631607

Matrix Design
Porsche Taycan 4S With Standard LED Headlights 1592684834949

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I have had the matrix LED headlights on a First Edition Range Rover Velar And my Wife’s First Edition Evoque also has it too.

So what they do is stay on full beam all the time but as cars approach from around a corner or ahead the beam adapts to have black spots so not to dazzle the oncoming car.

It does not seem to work to well on the Range Rovers as cars approaching are always flashing to tell us to come off high beam. Hoping the Porsche system works better for those who have forked out for this option.

Personally the high beam assistant works just as well and it’s free!
Sponsored