Is "LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)" standard eq?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for that, what is different about the trim on the glacier vs. the non glacier, I don't see the difference.
If you look at the metallized pieces surrounding the glacier lights, there is a separate unit for each light. With the standard, there are two pieces in the center, one on each side between the top and bottom lights.. Can't really tell if the lights themselves are different shapes/sizes.
Sponsored

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
My understanding was that the standard spec lights dim main beam is switched off when another car is ahead, whereas the matrix lights stay on main beam, but the parts of the light pattern that would affect another vehicle are cut.

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I orded the LED-Matrix system for my 4s CT, and honestly I don’t see any lights that move. I’ve talked to the dealer and they said that they are supposed to move, they are going to have a look at it soon. I do have to pictures of them. I’ll post them as well! One from slightly above and one directly at the headlights.

Porsche Taycan Is "LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)" standard eq? 72242FF8-CAB3-4031-AB80-C597B5C99B47

Porsche Taycan Is "LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)" standard eq? 3FA043F5-38E4-41EB-9285-165FD7477548

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
They won't move while sitting. There is a start-up "animation" compared to the standard LED headlights. (my 21 GTS cayenne has same animation) Here is info on Matrix option:
  • Dynamic Cornering Light
    Dynamic cornering lights swivel the low beam in accordance with cornering characteristics, depending on the steering angle.
  • Speed-Dependent Headlight Range Control
    Speed-dependent headlight range control increases light distribution after 3,300 feet at 68 mph or higher, or immediately after 81 mph and above provided the steering wheel is not turned sharply.
  • Sport Mode
    Activated in Sport mode - allows for greater swivel angle depending on steering input.
  • High Beam Assistant
    When a camera located inside the rear-view mirror detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the high beams are automatically turned off at a distance of approximately 2,600 feet. If the taillights of a vehicle traveling in front are detected, the high beam is then turned off at a distance of approximately 1,300 feet.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
They won't move while sitting. There is a start-up "animation" compared to the standard LED headlights. (my 21 GTS cayenne has same animation) Here is info on Matrix option:
    Dynamic cornering lights swivel the low beam in accordance with cornering characteristics, depending on the steering angle.
    Speed-dependent headlight range control increases light distribution after 3,300 feet at 68 mph or higher, or immediately after 81 mph and above provided the steering wheel is not turned sharply.
  • Sport Mode
    Activated in Sport mode - allows for greater swivel angle depending on steering input.
  • High Beam Assistant
    When a camera located inside the rear-view mirror detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the high beams are automatically turned off at a distance of approximately 2,600 feet. If the taillights of a vehicle traveling in front are detected, the high beam is then turned off at a distance of approximately 1,300 feet.
For those of you considering it, the High Beam Assistant works really really well and that alone is worth the Matrix LED option.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I have the, Glacier Ice Blue, LED-Matrix headlights and the do look fantastic against the white paintwork.

You can see the beam direction change when it detects oncoming traffic. However, I often get flashed. I don’t think I’m dazzling them, I just think that they are assuming that I’ve just left it on main beam. This was happing so often that I still put my lights on dip when traffic approaches

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I have the, Glacier Ice Blue, LED-Matrix headlights and the do look fantastic against the white paintwork.

You can see the beam direction change when it detects oncoming traffic. However, I often get flashed. I don’t think I’m dazzling them, I just think that they are assuming that I’ve just left it on main beam. This was happing so often that I still put my lights on dip when traffic approaches
That’s a bit annoying as whole point is that you shouldn’t be upsetting people coming in the opposite direction and should need to keep changing the beam up and down. I doubt that there is anything you can do about it such as tweak the settings

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
  • Sport Mode
  • High Beam Assistant

Dumb question, but the Dynamic Cornering lights is always on at night? Because I don’t see any lamp that moves at all, when taking curves at high speeds.

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
Here is info on Matrix option:
  • Sport Mode
  • High Beam Assistant
That is the description of the PDLS+ option (which is standard on 4S). Matrix option supposedly adds other features on top of that.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is the description of the PDLS+ option (which is standard on 4S). Matrix option supposedly adds other features on top of that.
Nothing additional. I have standard and my current loaner has matrix. I have compared side by side.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Nothing additional. I have standard and my current loaner has matrix. I have compared side by side.
Perhaps the extra features are dependent on regions. I have heard that there are some headlight features available in Europe that are not available and in use in the US. Not specifically Porsche though.

Any views?

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Perhaps the extra features are dependent on regions. I have heard that there are some headlight features bailable in Europe that are not available and in use in the US. Not specifically Porsche though.

Any views?
Porsche statement: "Full LED-Matrix functionality (individual operation of 84 LEDs) is limited for the US market. Individual LEDs are programmed to operate as a single light source to perform the functions listed above."

From my experience the only benefit adding matrix to a Taycan is the cool startup/shut down animation and silver trim inside the headlight housings. I don't see the speed-dependent range control with the matrix lights in my loaner - I DO see it function in my '21 Cayenne GTS with matrix option as well as adaptive cornering lights.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Sales guy initially told me that standard LEDs are good and matrix are probably not necessary. When I saw him again, he had recently taken home a Panamera with matrix lights and said they were the best headlights he had ever seen. They dim an area around oncoming cars and keep the rest well lit. He thought they just lit up the whole road better. That said, this is the UK and the rules seem to be different in the US where I can't really see a benefit. Anyway, I have specced them so will see what they are like in due course.

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Dont you get highbeam assist as standard on PDLS plus

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA