WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
For comparison, the June total of 640 Taycans is in line with the previous best quarterly figures for new registrations of just under 2000 in Q4 of 2020 and 2022. Annual numbers were very close to 3000 in 2020, 4000 in 2021 and 5000 in 2022.

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For comparison, the June total of 640 Taycans is in line with the previous best quarterly figures for new registrations of just under 2000 in Q4 of 2020 and 2022. Annual numbers were very close to 3000 in 2020, 4000 in 2021 and 5000 in 2022.
Puts them on track to have 6000 registered this year:

Porsche Taycan 640 Taycans sold in UK in June 2023 Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 16.23.10

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Compared to Ireland – where any Porsche – due to our small market size and high taxes on cars – remains relatively rare.

You can also see our stupid registration number system play out. Here the year and the year half are on the plate – so people tend to buy in Jan and July at the start of those periods.

For example, when when I purchased in Jan – I got a "231" plate. If I purchased this month it will have "232" plate. As this makes the age of the car very prominent – it encourages people to purchase towards the start of the half-year periods.

My car arrived into Ireland in Nov 22 – but I waited (with dealers advice) for January to collect so I would get a "231" plate.

Such a stupid system.

Porsche Taycan 640 Taycans sold in UK in June 2023 Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 16.27.22

Porsche Taycan 640 Taycans sold in UK in June 2023 IMG_8936

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Model split is interesting too..

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 16.26.32.png
I hadn't realised that the CT was such a relative rarity in Turbo & Turbo S guise.

Presumably the "4X2" variants are the RWD ones. I wonder whether the lack of mention of battery capacity is due to them all having the standard one.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Compared to Ireland – where any Porsche – due to our market size and high taxes on cars – remains relatively rare.

You can also see our stupid registration number system play out. Here the year and the year half are on the plate – so people tend to buy in Jan and July at the start of those periods.

For example, when when I purchased in Jan – I got a "231" plate. If I purchased this month it will have "232" plate. As this makes the age of the car very prominent – it encourages people to purchase towards the start of the half-year periods.

My car arrived into Ireland in Nov 22 – but I waited (with dealers advice) for January to collect so I would get a "231" plate.

Such a stupid system.

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 16.27.22.png

IMG_8936.jpeg
Sounds about as stupid as the UK system, whereby we change registration number for new vehicles every March 1st and September 1st!! 👎

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Fuelled by the EV tax breaks for company purchases I’m sure, combined with the new 25% corporation tax having kicked in from April

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Compared to Ireland – where any Porsche – due to our small market size and high taxes on cars – remains relatively rare.

Such a stupid system.

IMG_8936.jpeg
We (England, Scotland and Wales) have 2 plate changes in a 12 month period also - 1/3/yy to 31/8/yy and then 1/9/yy to 28 or 29/2/yy +1 - ie every 6 months.

Northern Ireland has its own system.

Only benefits dealers to manipulate depreciation but the official line is to smooth out demand over a 12 month period

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
We (England, Scotland and Wales) have 2 plate changes in a 12 month period also - 1/3/yy to 31/8/yy and then 1/9/yy to 28 or 29/2/yy +1 - ie every 6 months.

Northern Ireland has its own system.

Only benefits dealers to manipulate depreciation but the official line is to smooth out demand over a 12 month period
I hadn't appreciated that GB had a similar system – I guess as its a little harder to decipher if you're not aware – especially the digits representing the second half of the year.

Read up on it on wikipedia after I posted my comment!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag

Such a stupid system.

IMG_8936.jpeg
With bumpy supply issues and lead times plus £0 road licence fee (& not forgetting driver eagerness to enjoy the new car) and of course potential for dealer to get the trade in vehicle that’s maybe part of the deal then it’s hard to see many drivers awaiting their new Taycan delay more than a few weeks.
I jumped at the chance to pick up my 4S in July 2020 (mid covid 19 travel issues) and delayed 3 weeks due to family bereavement mid Dec 21in mid Jan 22 for my replacement Taycan Turbo … both involving a trip to Yorkshire and back to home in N.Ireland.

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The car arrives when it arrives here. The dealers want the cash / out of the yard asap surely.

Mine arrived on Christmas Eve I can’t image Porsche East London holding onto it for the plate change on 1 March, even if I did 😅

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag

Such a stupid system.

IMG_8936.jpeg
We have the same system in England but March and September- crazy but you would be daft not to play the game if using your own money!!