Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Thanks for the safety advice Wolfgang!!
I am sat on the boat at Rotterdam.
Just to be clear my total trip is now 1500 miles and total travel time is 30 hours. But that was spread over an 8 day period. Mainly on 4 driving days.
I didn’t do a 1000 miles in single 24hr period!
I could only do that with a line of coke at each charging stop.
Now, there’s a challenge!

That's only reinforced my fear that such systems will encourage people to drive when they're really not up to it.
Sponsored

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Are Tesla still leaders in this field? Or are traditional manufacturers now catching up/overtaking them with self driving?
I only have experience of Tesla FSD in this country - not the USA - where it is apparently more functional (even if still in beta) - but from what I know and have experience of their Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP) and Full Self Driving (FSD) software they are very much *not* leading the field.

In fact they delivered so little (basically zero) functionality from FSD in the 3 years (since when I paid for the FSD upgrade) that I will in all likelihood end up taking them to Small Claims here to get my money back due to them simply not delivering what they said they would.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
did come across this video recently of the latest Tesla Beta.. San Fran to LA without any driver intervention... pretty impressive!

still wouldn't want to be anywhere near it myself.. great the car can drive itself but its the other idiots on the road that would worry me!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
There’s no doubt that this is extremely impressive. However I’ll stick to the point I made some time ago - if you enjoy driving, there is no substitute for the Taycan. However, if just getting from A to B is your priority, don’t waste your money on a Taycan, get a Tesla and save £50k!
Sponsored