Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
Got the Trashcan out from service after 107 days.
Brake pedal feels finally (2,5 years of complaining) good!
Did not accept charging during trip and I decided to drive without charging - 265 km, 85% SOC, small battery, ca. 0 C. Estimate was same as distance to home for last 150 km (+- 4 km). Normally it runs to zero km/SOC with limited power.
BUT this time it throw turtle while there was 21 km left and started cutting off power! Then driving 40-70 km/h towards home which was max! Uphills ca. 30 km/h. Final hill to home 5 km/h but succeeded!!

Some juice from 11 kW home first and then to bigger charger but NO! DC charging does not work at all! Five different chargers tested and none starts charging. RED button and 'Charging not possible' in center console.

D...n Trashcan.
D...n Warranty service.
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm on my second Taycan Turbo and my 2023 jut got flatbedded to Porsche for this dreaded electical fault problem. To say I'm not happy would be an understatement. I'll keep posting progress but i"m really pessimistc. We'll see...

• Sad
Reactions: Art
OP
OP
Art

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So.. I got my car back from service 4.4.24 without DC-charging possibility. It also showed yellow 'Electrical system fault'.
After driving it 2 weeks with 11 kW AC charging only, it's back at service again.
Meanwhile I got letter telling max. 80% charging allowed and it will be called back in june after battery parts are available. Looks like I won't see it for a long time.

This is with great margin the most unreliable car I've ever had during my 40 years of driving.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So.. I got my car back from service 4.4.24 without DC-charging possibility. It also showed yellow 'Electrical system fault'.
After driving it 2 weeks with 11 kW AC charging only, it's back at service again.
Meanwhile I got letter telling max. 80% charging allowed and it will be called back in june after battery parts are available. Looks like I won't see it for a long time.

This is with great margin the most unreliable car I've ever had during my 40 years of driving.
Sorry to hear about your car. I got my Taycan back in 10 days with a new high voltage charger and everything is working perfectly.

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag

I haven’t had trouble like this but told the service manager after the heater was replaced that if I could return the car after what was a full year for a third of the PCP I’d be happy and walk away. I’ve never been so disappointed with what is a great driving car but being a Guinea Pig while they sort out their shit isn’t what I signed up for

I feel like I’m becoming a grumpy old man and really need to stop reading the forum

OP
OP
Art

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t had trouble like this but told the service manager after the heater was replaced that if I could return the car after what was a full year for a third of the PCP I’d be happy and walk away. I’ve never been so disappointed with what is a great driving car but being a Guinea Pig while they sort out their shit isn’t what I signed up for

I feel like I’m becoming a grumpy old man and really need to stop reading the forum
I know the feeling however most of time I'm not grumpy at all.. just only with this d..n car.
Well.. summer is coming here.. hard to believe as last night gave 10-15 cm more snow but.. soon I can fire up 997.1 C4 and be happy again!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I know the feeling however most of time I'm not grumpy at all.. just only with this d..n car.
Well.. summer is coming here.. hard to believe as last night gave 10-15 cm more snow but.. soon I can fire up 997.1 C4 and be happy again!
Well why not use it during the winter with the excellent Nokian studded tyres? I have used my 996 with Nordic winter tyres for a number of years and absolutely loved that time.

OP
OP
Art

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well why not use it during the winter with the excellent Nokian studded tyres? I have used my 996 with Nordic winter tyres for a number of years and absolutely loved that time.
A good point. I've been thinking about this many times before and after Taycan.
I've been reluctant to drive 997 during winter as road salt, flying stones and studs will have their effect. It's also so low it will make local snow plough driver unemployed..
At the moment I'm very much ready to get rid of this battery-thing and keep only the winter tyres.. (they may not fit ..)

miadds4u

First Name
javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan S
Country flag
New here...This is my second Taycan, didn't have any problem s with the first one 2020 model. Just got a new 2024 one in December with some upgrades, and on Sunday after an overnight charge car wouldn't move and got the messages. Reading around seemed like a serious issue, a Few minutes ago the Dealer informed me that was an internal battery fault NO BUENO. So the car being just a few months old, not sure what to expect, if accept a repair or stand strong and hope I can return it..shmmm...

Porsche Taycan 100 days and counting -  Electrical system fault IMG_2190 3.JPG

Porsche Taycan 100 days and counting -  Electrical system fault IMG_2191 3.JPG

• Sad

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
A good point. I've been thinking about this many times before and after Taycan.
I've been reluctant to drive 997 during winter as road salt, flying stones and studs will have their effect. It's also so low it will make local snow plough driver unemployed..
At the moment I'm very much ready to get rid of this battery-thing and keep only the winter tyres.. (they may not fit ..)
I never had any problems driving from Stockholm to Norway with the 996. No worse snow plough than the Taycan! Actually the Taycan was much worse in the snow because ll of the radar and sensors got clogged up with wet snow. Lots of fault messages came up. Since the 996 has basically no sensors etc it never complained!

I agree with you though about salt on the roads which felt terrible.

Best car for these conditions is probably a Land Rover Defender.!!

Cwood#44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Audi A7
Country flag
New here...This is my second Taycan, didn't have any problem s with the first one 2020 model. Just got a new 2024 one in December with some upgrades, and on Sunday after an overnight charge car wouldn't move and got the messages. Reading around seemed like a serious issue, a Few minutes ago the Dealer informed me that was an internal battery fault NO BUENO. So the car being just a few months old, not sure what to expect, if accept a repair or stand strong and hope I can return it..shmmm...

IMG_2190 3.JPG

IMG_2191 3.JPG
Got the same Faults. Currently at my Dealer, who indicated that they cannot see these faults. More testing today. Seriously considering going for a Cayenne if this is not rectified. HVC replaced last month after almost 4 weeks in the shop, waiting for the parts and testing.