Delete - Electrical System Fault - Undriveable

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Volvo V60
Country flag
Well, after the extreme high of driving Kermit around for one month and 6ish days, I got in on Saturday morning to the error that said "Electrical System Fault - Service Necessary". We were going to try to get it to a dealership today (before Colorado got even more snow) but Kermit refuses to shift out of neutral.

I am so completely heartbroken right now. To make matters worse the service department is busy. I did get an appointment for tomorrow, but now I'm going to have to have them come get the car.

Aaaaargggggg!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Well, after the extreme high of driving Kermit around for one month and 6ish days, I got in on Saturday morning to the error that said "Electrical System Fault - Service Necessary". We were going to try to get it to a dealership today (before Colorado got even more snow) but Kermit refuses to shift out of neutral.

I am so completely heartbroken right now. To make matters worse the service department is busy. I did get an appointment for tomorrow, but now I'm going to have to have them come get the car.

Aaaaargggggg!!!!!!!
I started a similar thread as I had 2 weeks of enjoyment this christmas followed by the red screen of doom which bricked it. It was the HV charger which needed replaced and took 2 weeks to source and i day to fit. They also updated software at the same time which has improved the brakes. The service guy said that the delay is due to available parts as many HV chargers are breaking down. This seems to be a fundamental technical design flaw which is spoiling a thing of beauty.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Argh. Put the car on the charger last night. Charged to 100% as had a lot of driving to do over the weekend. Came out this morning to the "red" Electrical System Error. Shut off and locked with the key away for half hour. No help. Two finger salute on the PCM. No Help. Locked and key away for over an hour. Same error. Dealer service not open till Monday, so I guess its flat bed it to them.

Anything else to try? Also got a PCM warning the 12v was getting low (probably due to the locking unlocking trying to start and turn off etc.
Porsche Taycan Delete - Electrical System Fault - Undriveable Electric Red1-21-2023 3-21-39 PM

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I started a similar thread as I had 2 weeks of enjoyment this christmas followed by the red screen of doom which bricked it. It was the HV charger which needed replaced and took 2 weeks to source and i day to fit. They also updated software at the same time which has improved the brakes. The service guy said that the delay is due to available parts as many HV chargers are breaking down. This seems to be a fundamental technical design flaw which is spoiling a thing of beauty.
Saw your thread on it. Did you already have the big uPdate (colored icons that came out last summer) or was this a new update. Did not know there was a brake update.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
this is honestly infuriating. spoken as a not-yet-owner. this is some serious failing on part sourcing and, mainly, the robustness of the HV and 12v charging systems code blocks. they (P) clearly need some outside expertise to come in, in a richard-feynman-this-cracked-o-ring typa way. i know postings on these boards magnify the actual frequency of occurrence, but even so, this is WAY too much. lame. swallow your pride, P, and get people in there who know how to make these systems. seriously.

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Saw your thread on it. Did you already have the big uPdate (colored icons that came out last summer) or was this a new update. Did not know there was a brake update.
It was in colour when I got it at Christmas, after it broke down they said it needed 2 updates and it seems to have fixed excessive brake travel which gave me some heart stopping moments on the motorway. I think there was an earlier campaign as they like to call it last year which was to fix this issue

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
this is honestly infuriating. spoken as a not-yet-owner. this is some serious failing on part sourcing and, mainly, the robustness of the HV and 12v charging systems code blocks. they (P) clearly need some outside expertise to come in, in a richard-feynman-this-cracked-o-ring typa way. i know postings on these boards magnify the actual frequency of occurrence, but even so, this is WAY too much. lame. swallow your pride, P, and get people in there who know how to make these systems. seriously.
I had a look on the Audi GT Site and they seem to have similar issues. Don’t think the technology is ready. The service guy said he worked for Tesla and Jaguar and they had customers breaking down as they left the garage. He was trying to cheer me up as I mentioned the Porsche broke with 2 weeks. What I find hard to live with is the acceptance of Porsche that this happens on a £110,000 car and not a word of apology. I am going for a 300 mile drive tomorrow, first since I got the car back from garage…. Fingers crossed!

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
well. i've owned a 2012 model s tesla for 10 years. it had several issues early on: 12v battery needed replacing, door handles misbehaving, couple rattles, etc. but. not ONE issue with HV battery, charging, etc. the car ALWAYS worked. for 10 years. and i know it's a learning curve, new tech... but P has to take some dramatic measures to get to where they should be as a top manu. perhaps, and hopefully, they are already well on the way to solving a bunch of these things. i do just hope they can swallow Pride and get real experts in there. tesla were experts largely because they had collective knowledge from working on space systems, which are necessarily extremely robust and redundant. and when you look at the model s, my year anyway, the battery and the systems look like they're off a satellite. over-engineered. but, it paid off. i took that gamble in 2012, knowing it was a new tech space and new company trying something insane, knowing i was getting a less sexy interior as a trade for cutting edge, fast drivin, butt-hole tightening speed and fun, all in a planet-saving vehicle (been solar in my homes for many years). i did not think i was taking that same leap of faith with the taycan. and still hoping i am not! :D ymmv.
Sponsored