Electrical system fault - service required

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Oh dear...... off on a 1500 mile road trip and after 250 miles problems started.

I charged at an Ionity station and the plug would not release from the car, had to do a manual release with the cable. 30 mins into driving after this and I get an electrical error warning, the next stop I managed to charge up fine and had locked the car for more than 15 mins. Started up and the error was gone back it came back after about 10 minutes driving. Next stop it cleared and hasn’t come back..... yet. Not sure if it was related to the manual door release or an unrelated problem? Does anyone have any experience of this, should I press on with th road trip or do I need service ASAP?

I have a jump start pack at the ready in case I get a 12v battery issue.
Sponsored

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
It seems often some warning comes on and then disappears after a restart. I would not worry about it too much unless it stays on or does not clear. Just a few gremlins in the software. Enjoy your road trip

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My understanding is that if you do a manual release of the charging port, the charging system goes into a saftey mode that only Porsche can reset.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I had a specific conversation with my Service manager about the “manual” release - there is nothing set/coded into the car if you use the manual release. The owner documentation recommends “service” because you had to use the manual release might indicate damage or otherwise to the charging port, but there is nothing that needs to be “cleared” by the dealer service. Just it’s supposed to be rare, and if you’re having to use it might be indicative of other problems.

the user of the manual pull cord itself does not require service.

the fact that you had to use it - might indicate you need service because the car isn’t releasing the plug correctly.

he even showed me the mechanism - it’s purely manual and the car does not “know” you’ve used the manual release.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My understanding is that if you do a manual release of the charging port, the charging system goes into a saftey mode that only Porsche can reset.
In this thread, @daveo4EV reports that "I also specifically asked my service manger as to if "service visit is required" after use - and he indicated emphatically no - they only recommend a service visit not because used the cord - but because you had to use the cord that might be an indication of a broken charge port, not the use of the manual release."
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/another-12v-issue.2359/page-2#post-32237

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
No reoccurrence of the fault but I had another plug stuck today ( manual release) because the charging paused (50kw ccs) it said a charge profile had scheduled a charge end time on the app. I thought the profiles only apply to AC charging...

something weird is going on
Sponsored

Last edited: