900 km road trip with and without roofbox, summer and winter.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Let me know once you found out how to do plug&charge😇
I mainly charge at home but on the occasion I used it plug and charge was exactly what it says - I plugged in and the car charged. There was a wait whilst the handshake between car and dispenser took place then off it went.
Sponsored

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Apart from Fastned, my experience has been that Aral Pulse, EnBW and one more in Germany, have stated 300 kW, but it is shared between two plugs. If there is nobody on the second plug you get up to 300 kW, but as soon as the second plug is used, it reduces.

Fastned so far has been a very good experience and I like their layout with a roof as protection!
What I have
I've had times when I pull up to a charger with broken screen and plug in. Someone will come over and say: "no good, that charger is broken". I stay there and Plug & Charge kicks in and the person thinks: "what the heck?!?".

It is one of the better unanticipated benefits of Plug & Charge!
yes exactly what happened yesterday. The iX3 owner was coming to me to say this and the other Taycan owner was sitting in his car with his wife waiting for me to realize I was at a charger that didn’t work than realizing I did manage to get it connected within a few seconds. He left Bingen 20 minutes before me and we were close to Belgium and he was charging for quite some time together with me. I think he had been waiting for some time for his charge spot before I arrived.

I just wonder if activation with the app or rfid card would have worked. The screen is not really needed anyway. You can see all info in the car too.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I mainly charge at home but on the occasion I used it plug and charge was exactly what it says - I plugged in and the car charged. There was a wait whilst the handshake between car and dispenser took place then off it went.
IONITY doesn’t have the best handshake. Fastned is much faster maybe because it is directly with Fastned. IONITY has to check with Porsche charging first. Tesla is also really fast with the app.
Sponsored