A/C deactivated in Sport Plus Mode

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Spyder, 2019 Cayenne
Country flag
Has anyone seen this message before: A/C deactivated in Sport Plus Mode to maintain driving performance.
I have always driven in Sport Plus Mode over the past 10 years and have never seen a message like this. I have had a Spyder before this and the Taycan since Sep last year. The charge levels were at 60% when i first saw this message. Charged it upto 85% and still get the same message.

Porsche Taycan A/C deactivated in Sport Plus Mode IMG_7076 Copy.JPG
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The car's A/C system is shared between the cabin climate control and the battery cooling. My speculation is that the exterior temperature is high and the system cannot keep up with both, so when you use Sport+ it chooses to cool only the battery.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Yep, got it as well. Only 1 time.
Don't think I drove particularly spirited at the time, and don't think it was that warm. But I suppose a reasonable feature.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have seen this as well but only once. Other times driving in Sport Plus I have not seen it. So I'm not sure what combination of events triggers that...

OP
OP
preeth

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Spyder, 2019 Cayenne
Country flag
I started noticing it consistently over the last week corresponding with outside temperatures rising into the 90s. A first since I got the Taycan.
What temperatures did y’all have outside when you got the message.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I have had the feature (advised in the user‘s manual) in my three AMG’s wagons (S211, S212, and S213). They have the clutch on the A/C compressor act under heavy lead-foot loud pedal inputs to reduce load and increase power delivered in the sporty or race modes. So I presume it may trigger in the Taycan to increase performance when the A/C pump is needed to cool the batteries or just to improve acceleration.

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Just had this happen today. The message came and went pretty quickly so I wasn't quite sure what it said exactly. I then noticed the cabin getting muggy. I cycled to normal and then sport mode and A/C recovered. I tried to repeat the issue in sport plus but couldn't trigger it again. A/C temp was set at 69F. Outside temp was 70ish. Car had been DC charged to 90% just 20 minutes prior. Car is a day old.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Similar to others, I have only seen it once. I have had the car for a little over a year and drove it through some 100+ degree days last year. I just saw the message about a week ago.

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
Wow! Just like the Starship Enterprise. You can divert power to propulsion, life support, shields, or weapons(?!). Of course, Sport Plus mode indicate priority on propulsion.

As Spock would note, "Interesting"

Cheers
Sponsored