A long journey…but finally a Taycan owner

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan A long journey…but finally a Taycan owner F832231F-DF9B-4A2D-84FF-66DDB35BF163
Porsche Taycan A long journey…but finally a Taycan owner 6BA499D5-8779-4DA4-B725-137798BF1715

It started over a year ago when I put down an order for a 21 CT4. This was during a time when dealers were giving discounts and allocations were easy to come by. Dealer lots were littered with Taycans selling at or below MSRP.

I tracked my dream and it was delayed and delayed.

Then life happened and for various reasons I had to cancel my order. Much to my dismay. Someone out there is driving a Chalk CT4 with a truffle brown interior and I sure hope they’re enjoying it!

Needing a car I ended up buying a used M3 f80 and enjoyed it but then realized I had this itch. Every time I saw a Taycan on the road I had to scratch it.

So, I decided to restart the search but alas times have changed - no more discounts to be had, tax credit going away, waiting lists just to get a MY23 allocation only to wait for 12-18 months for a car to arrive.

So, I started to look for RWD and 4S sedans. One popped up on the Porsche locator (yeah, I was checking daily) and then disappeared right away. I called the dealer and was told it was available. So, I moved quickly but not without some hesitation.

I had my eyes set squarely on a 4S sedan and this was not a 4S (it was a RWD) and it was not in chalk or Dolomite (it was jet black metallic). Good news is it had most of my ideal spec list (PB+, sport chrono, 2+1, Air suspension, black/Bordeaux interior).

While waiting for the car to leave the port (and time to back out), I test drove a 4S and RWD back to back and realized the RWD felt “better” to me. To each their own but the RWD just suits me. It wasn’t an easy decision but I don’t think I would get a 4S if there was even one available. There’s a reason many of the so-called experts rave about the RWD.

Then, I poured over videos and photos of black Taycans. I’ve owned black cars before so know what I’m getting myself into (although a front PPF and ceramic make a huge difference!). Bottom line: I really love the look of the black and also love several other colors - the Taycan just looks great in any color!

In conclusion, I have zero regrets. I feel fortunate to be an owner. I managed to get a signed contract before the bill passed. The car is beautiful. It’s super fun to drive (it’s quick…it feels faster than the m3 which does 0-60 in 4 secs), it handles like a dream, it’s very comfortable, handles bumps nicely, can fit kids in the back, doesn’t eat gas. I can go on and on.

THANK YOU to this community who helped me along the way. I hope to be able to pay it forward.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
F832231F-DF9B-4A2D-84FF-66DDB35BF163.jpeg
6BA499D5-8779-4DA4-B725-137798BF1715.jpeg

It started over a year ago when I put down an order for a 21 CT4. This was during a time when dealers were giving discounts and allocations were easy to come by. Dealer lots were littered with Taycans selling at or below MSRP.

I tracked my dream and it was delayed and delayed.

Then life happened and for various reasons I had to cancel my order. Much to my dismay. Someone out there is driving a Chalk CT4 with a truffle brown interior and I sure hope they’re enjoying it!

Needing a car I ended up buying a used M3 f80 and enjoyed it but then realized I had this itch. Every time I saw a Taycan on the road I had to scratch it.

So, I decided to restart the search but alas times have changed - no more discounts to be had, tax credit going away, waiting lists just to get a MY23 allocation only to wait for 12-18 months for a car to arrive.

So, I started to look for RWD and 4S sedans. One popped up on the Porsche locator (yeah, I was checking daily) and then disappeared right away. I called the dealer and was told it was available. So, I moved quickly but not without some hesitation.

I had my eyes set squarely on a 4S sedan and this was not a 4S (it was a RWD) and it was not in chalk or Dolomite (it was jet black metallic). Good news is it had most of my ideal spec list (PB+, sport chrono, 2+1, Air suspension, black/Bordeaux interior).

While waiting for the car to leave the port (and time to back out), I test drove a 4S and RWD back to back and realized the RWD felt “better” to me. To each their own but the RWD just suits me. It wasn’t an easy decision but I don’t think I would get a 4S if there was even one available. There’s a reason many of the so-called experts rave about the RWD.

Then, I poured over videos and photos of black Taycans. I’ve owned black cars before so know what I’m getting myself into (although a front PPF and ceramic make a huge difference!). Bottom line: I really love the look of the black and also love several other colors - the Taycan just looks great in any color!

In conclusion, I have zero regrets. I feel fortunate to be an owner. I managed to get a signed contract before the bill passed. The car is beautiful. It’s super fun to drive (it’s quick…it feels faster than the m3 which does 0-60 in 4 secs), it handles like a dream, it’s very comfortable, handles bumps nicely, can fit kids in the back, doesn’t eat gas. I can go on and on.

THANK YOU to this community who helped me along the way. I hope to be able to pay it forward.
Congratulations! I hope you have a lot of fun and joyful rides with it!

I am still waiting on mine, which is now sitting in a parking lot awaiting a 12V battery from the factory which shipped my brand new car (and another one) without it 😭

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Congratulations! I hope you have a lot of fun and joyful rides with it!

I am still waiting on mine, which is now sitting in a parking lot awaiting a 12V battery from the factory which shipped my brand new car (and another one) without it 😭
thank you! And hope you get yours soon. Words can’t explain how much joy I have driving it.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61