a used taycan purchase

ramib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Country flag
First world problem: I have placed an order for a 2023 GTS with local dealer (MSRP) but it's a 12 month wait...I am also interested in a very sweet 2021 used Turbo offered by the local dealer in my area. Questions: 1. am I better off waiting for the MY 23 GTS? I don't believe there are serious changes to the car from MY21 to MY23 to warrant the long wait...(?) GTS is slightly cheaper btw 2. I read that Porsche has been rolling out new software for better power management, etc. How do I know if the used one I'm looking at has the most recent software update? Should I require it from the dealer as part of the deal? Thanks
Sponsored

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The main way to tell the new software is it now have colored icons vs the old black and White...only be 2 years old the car is still under warranty for the upgrade so should be a non issue.

Reactions: B61

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The obvious answer is to buy the Turbo now and sell it when the GTS comes in.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
The obvious answer is to buy the Turbo now and sell it when the GTS comes in.
Looks like OP is also based in CA, where you don't get any tax credit for trade-in, meaning OP would always pay full tax on both the Turbo and the GTS.

That said, OP might not care :)

bpans

First Name
Bpans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RX450H F Sport, Cayman-S, R8
Country flag
Looks like OP is also based in CA, where you don't get any tax credit for trade-in, meaning OP would always pay full tax on both the Turbo and the GTS.

That said, OP might not care :)
sad part of being in CA, can’t flip cars without taking sales tax loss.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
You didn't indicate mileage. Other than obvious check-out features a concern in buying a used Taycan with greater than, say, 5,000 miles is whether the previous owner was in the habit of charging to 100% as that affects long-term battery longevity (to what degree??). Perhaps charging history is available for a particular vehicle?

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
You didn't indicate mileage. Other than obvious check-out features a concern in buying a used Taycan with greater than, say, 5,000 miles is whether the previous owner was in the habit of charging to 100% as that affects long-term battery longevity (to what degree??). Perhaps charging history is available for a particular vehicle?
This is an interesting concern I've ruminated on but don't have an answer for; how do you gauge the health of the pack when buying a used EV? Almost feels like it's something the mfg/dealer should disclose as a part of the pricing/value of the used car, no?