John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not.

However, it seems less about rays getting in and more about the temperature of the air from the vents.

When it's 88+ or so outside, the air coming out just doesn't feel very cold when you put your hand up to the vent.
I had 2 AC leaks when I had my car. I had warm air blowing.....one was a crimped O ring that needed to be replaced and another time something else was leaking. All the freon was gone.
Sponsored

Avharrisjr

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, and Taycan
Country flag
Is there an outdoor temperature where AC ECO should be switched back to regular AC? I can’t tell from the manual.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Is there an outdoor temperature where AC ECO should be switched back to regular AC? I can’t tell from the manual.
I’ve used the eco and focused combination at 105 degrees and it felt really comfortable. I have no idea if there is a recommendation in the manual.

Reactions: B61

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not as hot here as in the US but around 35 C and AC/eco is sufficient if you are on a longer drive. If the car has been standing in the sun a while I have found that normal AC is needed to coll the car down. Once it is comfortable I can switch to Eco and it keeps it comfortable.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Not as hot here as in the US but around 35 C and AC/eco is sufficient if you are on a longer drive. If the car has been standing in the sun a while I have found that normal AC is needed to coll the car down. Once it is comfortable I can switch to Eco and it keeps it comfortable.
Same here….35C, and I use AC with individual settings (almost closed left vent because of my ears) and its cool enough. Or, ECO set to diffused gives similar result.
Most of the year (when it’s below 30), I use AC/ECO (diffused)
(pano roof, insulated glasses)

Last edited:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I have found A/C eco to be enough for me in over 40°C weather, even when leaving the car in the scorching sun. I have the panoramic glass option, however I find the A/C very efficient and probably due to the smaller cabin, within three minutes using the ventilated seats, I am comfortable. Usually use the thermostat at 22° and the focused setting blowing into my face.

Last edited:

Btf49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I had my roof clear tinted this year for heat rejection only. Made a significant difference in summer heat.

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have found A/C eco to be enough for me in over 40°C weather, even when leaving the car in the scorching sun. I have the panoramic glass option, however I find the A/C very efficient and probably due to the smaller cabin, within three minutes using the ventilated seats, I am comfortable. Usually use the thermostat at 22° and the focused setting blowing into my face.
Same here. In fact I usually have the AC in ECO because I find the air too cold otherwise.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got my car back. Was told it was the sensor and after replacement AC has been working for a few days.

They didn’t have supplies (tape or whatever the fix) for the front seatbelt recall yet
@Goldbros, my 2021 4s built in late 2020 was diagnosed with same AC pressure sensor issue *twice* within a week. First, PT1 sensor failed and then a week later PT3 failed. Does your AC continue to function fine after the fix ? I’m wondering if this is really the issue. I sure hope the new sensors are not subject to this failure.

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
@Goldbros, my 2021 4s built in late 2020 was diagnosed with same AC pressure sensor issue *twice* within a week. First, PT1 sensor failed and then a week later PT3 failed. Does your AC continue to function fine after the fix ? I’m wondering if this is really the issue. I sure hope the new sensors are not subject to this failure.
have not had any issues with the AC since the fix.
Sponsored