Door issues in cold weather

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
So temperatures have dropped below 0 where I live and it looks like Taycan’s doors don’t like that at all.

At first windows got glued to the rubber seals, which I fixed by applying some liquid silicone around the edges and voila —no more freezing.

Today my rear door opened on its own while I was going 100kmh. It didn’t swing all the way, I heard it click and then saw the warning on the dashboard. Freaked me out for sure, had to stop to close it.

And now the worst issue of it all - my front passenger side door handle is faulty, I guess. When I lift the handle it doesn’t lower the window and pop the door unless I pull the door towards me. Since it doesn’t pop when I lift the handle the glass lowers only when I pull the door open and I think it scratches the belt molding.
All other doors “pop” as soon as I lift that handle, no need to pull.
Has anyone else experienced any door issues in cold weather?

It’s a CPO from my local dealership with 6k kms on it. I’ll talk to them about it tomorrow.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So temperatures have dropped below 0 where I live and it looks like Taycan’s doors don’t like that at all.

At first windows got glued to the rubber seals, which I fixed by applying some liquid silicone around the edges and voila —no more freezing.

Today my rear door opened on its own while I was going 100kmh. It didn’t swing all the way, I heard it click and then saw the warning on the dashboard. Freaked me out for sure, had to stop to close it.

And now the worst issue of it all - my front passenger side door handle is faulty, I guess. When I lift the handle it doesn’t lower the window and pop the door unless I pull the door towards me. Since it doesn’t pop when I lift the handle the glass lowers only when I pull the door open and I think it scratches the belt molding.
All other doors “pop” as soon as I lift that handle, no need to pull.
Has anyone else experienced any door issues in cold weather?

It’s a CPO from my local dealership with 6k kms on it. I’ll talk to them about it tomorrow.
I've had a random driver's door open in the summer.

This winter with snow and ice I've had the window of whichever door is opening dropping and opening repetitively. Suspect it's the anti trap mechanism being over sensitive.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
I've had a random driver's door open in the summer.

This winter with snow and ice I've had the window of whichever door is opening dropping and opening repetitively. Suspect it's the anti trap mechanism being over sensitive.
Yes I have that happening as well. I’m trying to close the window and when it reaches the top it suddenly drops back again. I think that’s the issue, the mechanism is “afraid“ of breaking the window so doesn’t pop the door unless I pull it myself.
Sponsored