Acceleration in normal mode CT4S

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi guys, just wondering if this is normal or not: while in normal mode, putting the foot on the accelerator all the way down and the car didn’t give me full power from the start. It was like there was a hiccup at slow speed and only then it accelerated fast. Just like the car was trying to hold the power until 50km/h and then only releasing it. It’s hard to explain but maybe it’s totally normal.
It doesn’t do it in sport plus mode.
Sponsored

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
It was in 2nd gear, realised you wanted the lot, and changed to 1st gear for a bigger shove

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi guys, just wondering if this is normal or not: while in normal mode, putting the foot on the accelerator all the way down and the car didn’t give me full power from the start. It was like there was a hiccup at slow speed and only then it accelerated fast. Just like the car was trying to hold the power until 50km/h and then only releasing it. It’s hard to explain but maybe it’s totally normal.
It doesn’t do it in sport plus mode.
2nd to 1st is a monetary blip but no restriction on speed at any point is normal.

Could be temperature dependent, battery state of charge, speed limiter active and so on.

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
2nd to 1st is a monetary blip but no restriction on speed at any point is normal.

Could be temperature dependent, battery state of charge, speed limiter active and so on.
It was freezing, batterie was cold because it was a very short drive (5min max and outside temperature is 0Celsius) picking up the kids at the school.
They wanted me to push a little bit the car 😂 but yes, maybe because the battery was cold. I will try again alone tomorrow

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It was freezing, batterie was cold because it was a very short drive (5min max and outside temperature is 0Celsius) picking up the kids at the school.
They wanted me to push a little bit the car 😂 but yes, maybe because the battery was cold. I will try again alone tomorrow
I've noticed that sort of 'lag' or slight lurch/clunk (in Normal drive mode), albeit for only a second or so and we're here in a very moderate/warm climate i.e. don't think this is a cold battery issue but as said, more likely a gear change. and always on a pedal to the floor start from a light :) - find it annoying enough now that I am leaning more towards Sport drive mode as my new default!
Sponsored

Last edited: