Activating Porsche Charging Service

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Just curious if any new buyers have had a difficult time activating the free EA charging on the Connect store. All the other connect features and app have been surprisingly flawless thus far, but when I go into the store to sign the free charging contract, an error message pops up and tells me to try again later.

I've tried support chat via the connect website and they couldn't help and recommended I call their support line. After a 45 minute hold I gave up.

This isn't a huge deal since I will rarely need the EA chargers (and even then in Texas each charge is only a couple of dollars), but it is a feature that came with the car and I would still like it set up. If anyone has dealt with similar and knows how to trouble shoot I would appreciate it. I have a credit card on file already and my address doesn't have any weird quirks (issues I've seen listed before when ordering).
Sponsored

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Just curious if any new buyers have had a difficult time activating the free EA charging on the Connect store. All the other connect features and app have been surprisingly flawless thus far, but when I go into the store to sign the free charging contract, an error message pops up and tells me to try again later.

I've tried support chat via the connect website and they couldn't help and recommended I call their support line. After a 45 minute hold I gave up.

This isn't a huge deal since I will rarely need the EA chargers (and even then in Texas each charge is only a couple of dollars), but it is a feature that came with the car and I would still like it set up. If anyone has dealt with similar and knows how to trouble shoot I would appreciate it. I have a credit card on file already and my address doesn't have any weird quirks (issues I've seen listed before when ordering).
Are you using Porsche charging app…… if not that’s the best app to use.

OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Are you using Porsche charging app…… if not that’s the best app to use.
Yup. It requires a Porsche charging contract to be active which as I stated, I am unable to activate.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Make sure you are completing the section that requires your credit card information. It is required for billing purposes in case you exceed the 30 minute free session.

OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Make sure you are completing the section that requires your credit card information. It is required for billing purposes in case you exceed the 30 minute free session.
As mentioned in my OP. My credit card is listed.
Sponsored