Adding features/hardware after delivery

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Driver Memory Package features for the standard 8-way seats:

Memory function for driver's seat as well as exterior mirror positions and electrically adjustable exterior mirrors (kerb view parking aid)
Sponsored

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Yes it does.
That's great to hear. Even the 2021 Taycan manual states that this feature is available in "vehicles with memory package", and I haven't seen any indication that this mythical "memory package" is included unless you get the upgraded seats. Thanks for confirming.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
That's great to hear. Even the 2021 Taycan manual states that this feature is available in "vehicles with memory package", and I haven't seen any indication that this mythical "memory package" is included unless you get the upgraded seats. Thanks for confirming.
Agreed. I just double-checked Standard Equipment on the config and see no mention of a memory package for 8-way in US, but fingers crossed after this thread

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Agreed. I just double-checked Standard Equipment on the config and see no mention of a memory package for 8-way in US, but fingers crossed after this thread
When are you due to take delivery? Would be good to get another data point on this just to be sure.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
When are you due to take delivery? Would be good to get another data point on this just to be sure.
Expected at dealer on 6/11 so still some weeks to go, but happy to share if others don’t confirm first

Raccareddie

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Sport, 911 Carrera T, Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Don't want to challenge you; however, what I think you should be saying is that they can buy from Amazon a 50amp Nema 14-50 extension cord - not a J1772 Extension. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Extens...7JSR9BHMQMC&psc=1&refRID=E3VRBWVMA7JSR9BHMQMC
I find the 50AMP Nema 14-50P/R cable to be a best solution as to date I am not able to find a J1772 50 AMP Extension. I know we'll only pull 40AMP at the charger when a 50AMP breaker is in the box, but do like a little extra capacity in cables. It's a shame Porsche doesn't offer a 20-25 ft cable standard - Like Tesla and $1100 is a bit high to get a 25 ft cable.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I find the 50AMP Nema 14-50P/R cable to be a best solution as to date I am not able to find a J1772 50 AMP Extension. I know we'll only pull 40AMP at the charger when a 50AMP breaker is in the box, but do like a little extra capacity in cables. It's a shame Porsche doesn't offer a 20-25 ft cable standard - Like Tesla and $1100 is a bit high to get a 25 ft cable.
Maybe that is so that Porsche do not supply a 7.5 meter cable as standard in the US, but here in Europe that is part of the supply with the PMCC. One cable with 2.5 m length to the car and one cable with 7.5 meter length.

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Just took delivery, I can confirm that my RWD with standard seats and no memory package will tilt the passenger side mirror when switching to reverse.

It seems to remember the desired tilt setting based on how you adjust it the first time when in reverse, then switches back to your normal desired setup when you switch back to drive.

Happy to have this feature!

CT driver

First Name
Lutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MJ22, 928S4 MJ91
Country flag
dear all; I'm new here... ;)

This week I got this my CT with standard seats and no memory package. (by stupid mistake in the configuration :facepalm:)

After I did read from submatrix that still the passenger side mirror will till when switching to reverse I did try to find this function on my German Tacan CT MJ22 as well, but it is not working.

Can it be, that US and Germany code has to do with it...?

Thanks for any help or reply.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
With STD seats you must add driver memory.

With either 14 or 18 way seats this is included in addition to an electric steering column adjustment.

CT driver

First Name
Lutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was afraid to have that confirmed... ?

Strange that it does work on us cars with standard seats w/o memory option.... :confused:

Lesson learned double check of the car config...:headbang: or blame the car dealer salesman, that at least could have give me a good reason, why I have to consider this option on standard seats...:angry:

Beside that, after not even one week, I have to bring it back to the dealer - the car is not excepting the Porsche ID to use all Connect services....

reason...
All Taycan are transported in a "flight mode" and be activated before the handle over... on my Taycan some parts did not "wake up" and a reset of the PCM to factory mode will not solve it.

The the first week with my new car has a lot of up and downs... currently the downs are more often...?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

Strange that it does work on us cars with standard seats w/o memory option.... :confused:

Lesson learned double check of the car config...:headbang: or blame the car dealer salesman, that at least could have give me a good reason, why I have to consider this option on standard seats...:angry:

Beside that, after not even one week, I have to bring it back to the dealer - the car is not excepting the Porsche ID to use all Connect services....

reason...
All Taycan are transported in a "flight mode" and be activated before the handle over... on my Taycan some parts did not "wake up" and a reset of the PCM to factory mode will not solve it.

The the first week with my new car has a lot of up and downs... currently the downs are more often...?
I think what features are standard vary by country. For example in the USA, the CTT comes with glass roof only (even though the configurator picture shows solid roof unless you add the roof rails, you can check "standard equipment" and glass roof is included, also not listed as an add-on option).

CT driver

First Name
Lutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hm...

so means... I just have to find a clever one that knows the coding for this feature (mirror till down) and transfer it into the EU version...?!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

reason...

Dealer incompetence.
Sponsored