admiral insurance experience - not bad value!

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Arranged my car insurance with Admiral a couple of nights ago - their web-site was a tad flakey when I was completing the form - had to back-page a couple of time - and I never got a form to add optional extras - was just asked - has the car been modified...... to which I replied - no!

anyways - a bit nervous - I just went onto chat and they confirmed that I should have listed the options - but not to worry I could do it now via chat..... so I added the following ... in writing......

Paint to sample,
two-tone leather,
4+1 seats,
roof rails, sunroof,
electric folding mirrors,
door handles in black gloss,
model designation in black gloss,
inlays in black gloss,
power steering plus,
acoustically insulated privacy glass,
park assist including surround view,
lane change assist,
adaptive cruise control,
ambient lighting,
neodyme accent package,
red seatbelts,
interior B pillar trim in race tex,
interior mirror trim in race-tex,
additional passenger display,

the nice lady said there would be an additional premium to pay....... but she would waive the admin fee since my cover did not start yet.....

so I held my breath........

£17.50!

fine I said, and sent a transcript fast to my email address

not bad...
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Fair enough, but i don't think options are really modifications. When i've asked insurers in the past and said they were factory installed options there was no requirement to list them. After all you've given them the cost of the car. I'm reasonably certain (for most insurers) that they're really asking if you've put a bigger turbo charger or had the engine chipped. I could well be wrong, so will check on my renewal!

All feels a bit easyJet showing a cheap online quote but neglecting to give you a baggage allowance!

How much was the overall premium ooi?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Arranged my car insurance with Admiral a couple of nights ago - their web-site was a tad flakey when I was completing the form - had to back-page a couple of time - and I never got a form to add optional extras - was just asked - has the car been modified...... to which I replied - no!

anyways - a bit nervous - I just went onto chat and they confirmed that I should have listed the options - but not to worry I could do it now via chat..... so I added the following ... in writing......

Paint to sample,
two-tone leather,
4+1 seats,
roof rails, sunroof,
inlays in black gloss,
power steering plus,
lane change assist,
adaptive cruise control,
ambient lighting,
neodyme accent package,
red seatbelts,

the nice lady said there would be an additional premium to pay....... but she would waive the admin fee since my cover did not start yet.....

£17.50!

not bad...
I have just refreshed my quotes and Admiral now the cheapest at £878 incl protected NCD and ignoring the cheaper black box quote. In May when I checked Aviva were the cheapest at about £535 but now want nearly £1700

What ae you paying?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Paint to sample,
two-tone leather,
4+1 seats,
roof rails, sunroof,
inlays in black gloss,
power steering plus,
lane change assist,
adaptive cruise control,
ambient lighting,
neodyme accent package,
red seatbelts,

£17.50!

not bad...
Yep that's my experience too but when challenged and spoke to a supervisor they said factory options didn't require listing so it comes down to who you talk to.

They are insuring the value of the car and if factory fit then there should reasonably not be an uplift.

There is a separate thread on this topic where experience and guidance with Admiral has varied.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have just refreshed my quotes and Admiral now the cheapest at £878 incl protected NCD and ignoring the cheaper black box quote. In May when I checked Aviva were the cheapest at about £535 but now want nearly £1700

What ae you paying?
Mine was around £560 PNCD etc. 3 cars BMW 340 (son and daughter in law), Boxster S, Taycan 4S - £1100

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Fair enough, but i don't think options are really modifications. When i've asked insurers in the past and said they were factory installed options there was no requirement to list them. After all you've given them the cost of the car. I'm reasonably certain (for most insurers) that they're really asking if you've put a bigger turbo charger or had the engine chipped. I could well be wrong, so will check on my renewal!

All feels a bit easyJet showing a cheap online quote but neglecting to give you a baggage allowance!

How much was the overall premium ooi?
yes I agree - options are not mods - but hey-ho - they can't weasel out now - just a few quid over 1K premium - but that's only with 3 years no claims - even though I aint claimed in 25 years (its complicated) :)
Sponsored