First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Guy,
Just picked up my Taycan Cross Turismo from Irvine Porsche (great dealer BTW).
The car is amazing but having issues with alarm going off at all hours. I have a hunch it has something to do with interior motion sensor picking up light from neighbors motion sensor lights on their garage.
Car is in a carport but not garaged. If anyone has any thoughts I would be interested to hear. I took the car back in for service 2 days after I picked it up which is unfortunate but they are doing some trouble shooting it and have gone above and beyond to try to find a solution.
I kinda expected some minor electrical glitches over time but not the first night I picked it up.
Is anyone else else having issues with regular Taycan or a CT.
Would help to know know the circumstances if having similar issues.
K
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I remember at least 2 more CT owners reporting the same issue. Search the forum and you will find the threads.
One said they disable interior monitoring (there is a popup when you shutdown the car) every time.

There is also a setting in the menu to disable interior monitor but it does not seem to persist after you restart the car.

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I remember at least 2 more CT owners reporting the same issue. Search the forum and you will find the threads.
One said they disable interior monitoring (there is a popup when you shutdown the car) every time.

There is also a setting in the menu to disable interior monitor but it does not seem to persist after you restart the car.
You are correct and that seems to be an the official solution and you are correct it defaults to "Interior monitoring on" every time you start up" I haven't noticed the screen asking me if I want to shut it off (disable)when I put it in park.
The high tech solution is to locate the sensor and cover it with tape!!
K

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You are correct and that seems to be an the official solution and you are correct it defaults to "Interior monitoring on" every time you start up" I haven't noticed the screen asking me if I want to shut it off (disable)when I put it in park.
The high tech solution is to locate the sensor and cover it with tape!!
K
The pop up comes up when you turn off the car (long press of the On/Off button), not when you put it in park.

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Or it thanks! This car has a lot of little hidden gems..
Other than the alarm Issue the car is a tour de force!

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I posted this solution in general problems thread but wanted to posted here as I started this thread so here it is again.
Hey guys, I picked up my Taycan CT on Friday last week alarm would go off at all hours of the day and night..took it to dealer..they found a few error codes but nothing directly related to alarm going off. They called me to say car was ready and that I could pick it up....by the time I got to dealer the alarm had gone off in their lot.. I left the car for another 2 days (shout out to Porsche Irvine their service tech Jon was great, and very understanding of my frustration).
They work on it full tilt and traced to a bad motion sensor. They were able to replace it and I haven't had any issues in the past 24 hrs! Fingers crossed.
Sound like they may be getting some bad motion sensors. I would ask your service rep to to start by replacing the sensor and then go from there. Good luck

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

I got my car on Wednesday and had two sleepless nights with the alarm going off. It seems Porsche are aware of the issue. I turned off the interior sensor. But should I have selected the pop option?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Is there a way to just disable the alarm altogether?

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No sadly there isn't. I've lived it so I know how frustrating it is. The first weekend ownership the alarm went off every 45 minutes really annoying and a bit embarrassing. The car then spent 3 weeks in service. Apparently Porsche knows it is an issue and is working on a fix. My dealer service team after replacing two on-board computers and interior sensor, traced the issue to the Porsche connect app. After deleting its form my phone haven't had any issues. The app is pretty useless for the most part so no great inconvenience. I have had two random false alarms which honestly could have been something legit like an animal walking on the car or minor earthquake or parked on an angle.
I don't always turn off interior monitoring and still no FA. The App has a panic mode option which might be triggered due to some bug in the software. As commented here often on the forum Porsche's software kinda blows and is the weak point of the car...That the car is amazing makes up for it. Absolutely love driving it.
So try deleting the app and see if that solves the problem. I don't expect a solution from Porsche for awhile. Good luck.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I turn off the interior sensor. Seems to keep it quiet.

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found it didn't do it for me consistently.
Do you have the app on your phone?
If the FA issues comes back try deleting the app.
good luck..SR

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Ive had it since day one of owning my 4S. For now, I double click the lock icon on my FOB which kills the interior monitoring and solves my issue. I love 250 miles from nearest Porsche dealer so not eager to take it in for diagnostics…. My dealer service dept. claims Porsche is NOT aware of the issue yet. How could that be? I doubt he is correct.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
No sadly there isn't. I've lived it so I know how frustrating it is. The first weekend ownership the alarm went off every 45 minutes really annoying and a bit embarrassing. The car then spent 3 weeks in service. Apparently Porsche knows it is an issue and is working on a fix. My dealer service team after replacing two on-board computers and interior sensor, traced the issue to the Porsche connect app. After deleting its form my phone haven't had any issues. The app is pretty useless for the most part so no great inconvenience. I have had two random false alarms which honestly could have been something legit like an animal walking on the car or minor earthquake or parked on an angle.
I don't always turn off interior monitoring and still no FA. The App has a panic mode option which might be triggered due to some bug in the software. As commented here often on the forum Porsche's software kinda blows and is the weak point of the car...That the car is amazing makes up for it. Absolutely love driving it.
So try deleting the app and see if that solves the problem. I don't expect a solution from Porsche for awhile. Good luck.
Thank you for the the info. If I delete the app will that affect my charging account? So new to this so appreciate your help. Love the car but have to say disappointed.

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It shouldn't... I download the Electrify America App and it works great better than the Porsche Connect app.

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also the Porsche Charging Services App....is a simple interface and works for all charging station and lets you load your Porsche vehicle so it charges $ to the EA account
Sponsored