Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
sorry it's called Charging NA( Porsche Charging Service) works better than most of the other software in the car...
Sponsored

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
It shouldn't... I download the Electrify America App and it works great better than the Porsche Connect app.
Many thanks. It is the app, i went on the app to remove my previous car and almost straight away the alarm went off. I will take you advice and download the EA app. Thanks again

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I will try deleting all the apps and see. I actually like having the car function in offline mode and having things like a normal key. We got the analog clock too which we love - all our cars have one!!

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I charged at an EA station today and it was seamless and no charge. For anyone reading this I would recommend doing a test charge one day when you don’t need it (80%) to make it home etc. Best to make sure you understand how the whole system/apps work. You don’t want to be fucking around with loging in and passwords etc. when you are running low on battery in the middle of nowhere.
SR

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I charged at an EA station today and it was seamless and no charge. For anyone reading this I would recommend doing a test charge one day when you don’t need it (80%) to make it home etc. Best to make sure you understand how the whole system/apps work. You don’t want to be fucking around with loging in and passwords etc. when you are running low on battery in the middle of nowhere.
SR
I tried for my first time at an EA station in Boca Raton. Firstly the navigation in my Taycan took me round in circles, finally i went on the EA app and that directed me correctly. When I got there all the stations were in use so I put in a text alert and got one 15 minutes latter. One car on a station had run over 30 minutes which is so selfish of some people. I still did not try to use the system but discovered on YouTube you have to download the NA app to make the free Porsche charging service work. Very poor support from Porsche

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whats the NA app? At least you tied and found out without being in a panic to charge the car. And yes their support could be better but their are so many charging brands it might be hard to get them all dialed in so they all work to charge your car note that only the EA Chargers are free though.
SR

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I tried for my first time at an EA station in Boca Raton. Firstly the navigation in my Taycan took me round in circles, finally i went on the EA app and that directed me correctly. When I got there all the stations were in use so I put in a text alert and got one 15 minutes latter. One car on a station had run over 30 minutes which is so selfish of some people. I still did not try to use the system but discovered on YouTube you have to download the NA app to make the free Porsche charging service work. Very poor support from Porsche
it is a shame that how to use the proper apps to access the free charging wasn't explained to you at delivery, that is on your advisor/dealership.
why is it selfish to charge for more than 30 minutes? an example is if you arrive at a charger with 35% soc and needing to charge to 100% soc in order to reach your next stop will take 45 minutes how is that selfish?

here's examples of selfish, people who leave their cars while charging and not removing the car from the charger once the session is complete, or people in EVs that have no need to use a 350 kw unit using said unit when there are 150kw units available.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whats the NA app? At least you tied and found out without being in a panic to charge the car. And yes their support could be better but their are so many charging brands it might be hard to get them all dialed in so they all work to charge your car note that only the EA Chargers are free though.
SR
The NA app you can find in the App Store the icon on your phone will just say charging. when I opened it it took me to My Porsche app so I think its linked have not tried to use an EA charging station yet.
Porsche Taycan Alarm Issues FC3A60B7-3933-457D-967C-32846D3EFCA1

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I got there all the stations were in use so I put in a text alert and got one 15 minutes latter.
How do you request a text alert? Is that from the app on your phone, or from the charging station itself?

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you request a text alert? Is that from the app on your phone, or from the charging station itself?
From the app. It lets you know the stations are busy and gives you the option

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have had the alarm issue since day one. Mine seems to happen on an incline (my driveway which is not a very big incline). Others said theirs goes off in their flat garage. Double click the FOB lock button disables the interior alarm. This works, but if you unlock and get something out of the car and relock it, sometimes it turns the interior alarm back on.

I have also turned off the interior alarm in the PCM. The car just randomly turns it back on. I even check the "ask" me each time. You have to not open your driver door and wait for the reminder on the PCM. Sometimes the box for the interior alarm is checked and other times it is not. You have to touch it and turn it off. If you open the driver door after powering off, the PCM shuts down so you do not get the question. If you do that, double click the FOB. There are some other issues when you walk by the car and it unlocks and relocks, the interior alarm gets reactivated; sometimes.

Emailed Porsche and they are supposedly working on it. What sucks is when it goes off and you are not near the car. Luckily, I can unlock the car from the app, but that leaves the car unlocked in order to disable the alarm that is going off driving the neighbors crazy,

OP
OP

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank I had the NA app on my phone forgot/ didn't realize they were the same things it just says charging app but it is associated with Porsche charging subscription.
SR

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
I had my alarm go off randomly twice now. Once with the car plugged in and outside, the other time at 1:30am with the car in my garage. This all happened a day after I got my car registered to my Porsche ID. I found a potential workaround and described it in a post that you can find on the forum here .

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I had my alarm go off randomly twice now. Once with the car plugged in and outside, the other time at 1:30am with the car in my garage. This all happened a day after I got my car registered to my Porsche ID. I found a potential workaround and described it in a post that you can find on the forum here .
The alarm issue is related to the interior monitoring. I looked at that post and it did not resolve my issue. Double click the FOB to lock each time and it deactivates the interior alarm. Porsche has yet to come up with a solution. I know mine is related to the car being on an incline. Either the sensor is stuck in a position or whatever monitors the interior is stuck. When it goes in for my steering column fix and recall they can look at it.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it is a shame that how to use the proper apps to access the free charging wasn't explained to you at delivery, that is on your advisor/dealership.
why is it selfish to charge for more than 30 minutes? an example is if you arrive at a charger with 35% soc and needing to charge to 100% soc in order to reach your next stop will take 45 minutes how is that selfish?

here's examples of selfish, people who leave their cars while charging and not removing the car from the charger once the session is complete, or people in EVs that have no need to use a 350 kw unit using said unit when there are 150kw units available.
The car was fully charged and was still plugged in 49 minutes latter. Anyway EA charge by the minute for overstaying past a full charge. .
Sponsored