Alignment cost

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
Had the car in for a service visit and dealer (Orlando area) advised on getting new tires soon. Currently at 15k miles on the OE Goodyear all seasons with 6/32 tread on both front and rear. I think I have another 3 to 4000 miles before they will need to be changed.

Dealer is recommending a tire alignment with every new tire purchase for the Taycan. Charging $900 for the alignment service.

I’m not sure an alignment is needed. There is no uneven wear on the tires. What has everyone else’s experience been like? I can certainly shop around and see if there are any other dealers who will offer a cheaper alignment, if this is absolutely needed.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Had the car in for a service visit and dealer (Orlando area) advised on getting new tires soon. Currently at 15k miles on the OE Goodyear all seasons with 6/32 tread on both front and rear. I think I have another 3 to 4000 miles before they will need to be changed.

Dealer is recommending a tire alignment with every new tire purchase for the Taycan. Charging $900 for the alignment service.

I’m not sure an alignment is needed. There is no uneven wear on the tires. What has everyone else’s experience been like? I can certainly shop around and see if there are any other dealers who will offer a cheaper alignment, if this is absolutely needed.
Sounds like a proper dealer Rip Off if you have no uneven wear!

My car has done 32k miles and no alignment needed, as stated by my service guy. No uneven wear and just changed OE tyres.

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
My local very reputable tire shop did the alignment for me when I changed from 19 in wheel to 21 in wheel. The alignment cost was $200.00.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is no correlation between installing new tires and needing an alignment, unless you have uneven wear AND it was caused by poor alignment.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Of course they are. It’s massive profit for them regardless of whether you need it or not.

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
My local very reputable tire shop did the alignment for me when I changed from 19 in wheel to 21 in wheel. The alignment cost was $200.00.
Did your local shop calibrate all of the sensors around the car? I was told by my dealership that is needed with every alignment. He said the alignment is $2,200 because of this reason. Seems excessive IMO. He also said a lot of people just put in an insurance comp claim for a chipped windshield, pay their deductible, and get a free alignment out of it. Per spec the car needs to be alignment with every windshield change.

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Did your local shop calibrate all of the sensors around the car? I was told by my dealership that is needed with every alignment. He said the alignment is $2,200 because of this reason. Seems excessive IMO. He also said a lot of people just put in an insurance comp claim for a chipped windshield, pay their deductible, and get a free alignment out of it. Per spec the car needs to be alignment with every windshield change.
The dealer said this because they supposedly need to take off front bumper for alignment which will need to recalibrate the sensors. However, my local tire shop doesn't need to do that. He told me the front is actually pretty easy to do. It's just the rear that needs to take some cover off to reach adjustment.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is another thread on this. IIRC, the front bumper needs to come off only if toe adjustment is required. If not, no bumper removal and much lower cost. Of course, the dealer isn’t going to tell you this.
Sponsored