First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Not wanting to tempt fate... but.....

I just wanted to say that my first 6,000 miles and 8 months have been virtually trouble free - a couple of tiny hiccups is all - nothing to cause me heartache.

It's natural for forums to contain a lot of complaints and problem solving type posts - Which are helpful, but they can give a negative impression and stimulate distrust in their product..

So I just thought I would post my general satisfaction with my Taycan reliability and my delight in the car itself.

cheers
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
FWIW, 28 months in and 18k miles. One small issue early on and not worth mentioning. My Taycan has performed better than any 911 I have owned. No parts replaced - nothing that stop it from operating. I have only purchased one 911 off lease, this will probably another off lease purchase. I know the car, the spec is customized to me and the cost to replace with new is insane relative to what I have and am happy with. Just my 2c.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Good to hear. It took us a couple months to sort out the illogical driver memory protocols, and a week in the shop for a partial brake system failure, but at 3,800 miles and five months, we’re satisfied as well with ours.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Glad to hear, and happy to share my own: 10,200 miles in a bit over 6 months. Not one single issue, and I dare suspect that driving it daily has something to do with it. (Even the paint stopped chipping 😁.)

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Glad to hear of your good fortune, OP! My 2022 RWD has had a couple of issues after 13 months and 11,375 miles:
  • Two months after taking possession, the brakes became squishy at speeds under 5 mph. The dealership bled the brake lines and topped up the brake fluid.
  • Soon after the brake repair, the expansion valve (part of the air conditioner) began growling (link). The dealer ordered a new expansion valve, and it took about six weeks to arrive here in Arizona USA from Germany. Dealer took about a week to install it while I drove around town in a loaner Cayenne. By then cool weather arrived and I wasn't using the A/C. Growling resumed when the weather warmed up a few months later, but I haven't let the dealer know yet. The A/C has been working fine all along, even with this summer's hotter-than-usual Arizona temperatures 🥵 .
Porsche Taycan all has been great so far - 6,000 miles and 8 months in 1690940174003

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
i dont want to jynx myself either. But 3 weeks and 3500 miles in (i love it) and no complaints. I thought i had a random rattle problem but turns out it was a clipboard i had on the floor lol

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
37 months & 29000 miles now & still love it. No problems apart from initial passenger side b pillar rattles easily fixed by dealer.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
8000 miles and 15 months. Heater replaced, otherwise flawless.

A delight to drive.
Sponsored