• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Almost-New 2021 Mamba Green Taycan Turbo - <500 miles, 10% off MSRP

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I won't begin to tell you how many reservations I've canceled and a few I had for quit a long time. I have no problems talking myself out of purchases.
Join the club! I had a $100 deposit on a Tesla I'm still fighting to get back lol. Outside of Tesla, I work with every single auto brand, so I have more leverage with them lol
Sponsored

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
Ahh makes sense. Similar boat here.

My wife’s backup car ended up being a Cayenne Turbo S E Hybrid. Depending on how much you drive the new 17.9kWh battery gets 30 miles-ish of EV range. She absolutely loves it. Gets what she needs done with that range 90% of the time. Car sips gas otherwise and I get my V8 fix :)

We did consider a Panamera E Hybrid as well. Could be a good option for backup.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ahh makes sense. Similar boat here.

My wife’s backup car ended up being a Cayenne Turbo S E Hybrid. Depending on how much you drive the new 17.9kWh battery gets 30 miles-ish of EV range. She absolutely loves it. Gets what she needs done with that range 90% of the time. Car sips gas otherwise and I get my V8 fix :)

We did consider a Panamera E Hybrid as well. Could be a good option for backup.
Yeah, there are some good options out there. In NJ, full EV's (not Hyrbid, but 0 emissions) have no sales tax. So it's beneficial to find a full EV, which leaves just a handful of choices.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
So what's the status of your awesome mamba green turbo? Given availability challenges I'd be shocked if it hasn't sold ?

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So what's the status of your awesome mamba green turbo? Given availability challenges I'd be shocked if it hasn't sold ?
I have a couple of great private party offers (at $148k) and a dealership offer not too far way. Can't find a replacement car though, so holding off on selling for the time being. Surprisingly - the dealership trade-in offers have increased in the last month - I guess supply is getting even tighter?

Reactions: B61

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have had over MSRP offers on both of our current Porsches (Taycan and 992) from my dealer.

Inventory is real tight and they have buyers willing to pay well over MSRP right now.

While we received our Taycan in May, we have only put 1K miles on it so far. Would net about $30K on both cars.

Only trouble is that there is nothing that we would be able to replace with right now (we do have other cars though). I will give them both back if I get a GT3 allocation at no market adjustment.

That may just be possible come December.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I have had over MSRP offers on both of our current Porsches (Taycan and 992) from my dealer.

Inventory is real tight and they have buyers willing to pay well over MSRP right now.

While we received our Taycan in May, we have only put 1K miles on it so far. Would net about $30K on both cars.

Only trouble is that there is nothing that we would be able to replace with right now (we do have other cars though). I will give them both back if I get a GT3 allocation at no market adjustment.

If my dealer offered me above MSRP for my Turbo and a CT Turbo allocation I’d have to think about it.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Exactly same boat as me (only my offers are below MSRP). Can't find any suitable replacements. I'm going to take another look at the Polestar 2 tomorrow (they bring it to you for the test drive), but I'm not sure if that's a good fit either. I'd consider a 911 Cab as a replacement (just because it's the car I've always wanted), but those are going well above MSRP. I even saw a couple of 2-year-used ones going above MSRP lol

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I‘ve had my Ice Grey/Chalk 4S since April and it only has 1500 miles, and that is only because I have purposefully found reasons to drive the car on weekends. I am still working from home. The car has full Stek PPF and wheel/wheel well coating. I have been debating whether it makes sense to keep the car as a garage queen. I have a Model 3P that I tend to use for the limited city driving I do. It is always parked behind the 4S in the driveway (4S is in garage), so it is easier to simply drive the M3P than shuffle cars for a short trip. Plus, I feel less protective of parking the M3P in parking lots and on the street in the city. I was thinking of selling the M3P once our son went away to college, but I have to say I like having it for the city and it also will give him something to drive when he is home for breaks (not going to trust a 19 year old with the 4S).

So, maybe I should ask my dealer for an offer. The Stek and wheel/wheel well coatings were about $9K, so an offer needs to be at or close to MSRP. A tough decision. I really like the car, but having a $140K+ car sitting in the garage makes no sense.

I’m open to offers from forum members. The car is in DC.

Window sticker attached.

Attachments

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If my dealer offered me above MSRP for my Turbo and a CT Turbo allocation I’d have to think about it.
I doubt they
I‘ve had my Ice Grey/Chalk 4S since April and it only has 1500 miles, and that is only because I have purposefully found reasons to drive the car on weekends. I am still working from home. The car has full Stek PPF and wheel/wheel well coating. I have been debating whether it makes sense to keep the car as a garage queen. I have a Model 3P that I tend to use for the limited city driving I do. It is always parked behind the 4S in the driveway (4S is in garage), so it is easier to simply drive the M3P than shuffle cars for a short trip. Plus, I feel less protective of parking the M3P in parking lots and on the street in the city. I was thinking of selling the M3P once our son went away to college, but I have to say I like having it for the city and it also will give him something to drive when he is home for breaks (not going to trust a 19 year old with the 4S).

So, maybe I should ask my dealer for an offer. The Stek and wheel/wheel well coatings were about $9K, so an offer needs to be at or close to MSRP. A tough decision. I really like the car, but having a $140K+ car sitting in the garage makes no sense.

I’m open to offers from forum members. The car is in DC.

Window sticker attached.
For reference, the offers I got were $145k-148k on a $165k MSRP.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I doubt they

For reference, the offers I got were $145k-148k on a $165k MSRP.
So, about 10% off MSRP. The question is how much value to add for modifications, such as PPF, which cost about $9K. That probably does not mean much to a dealer, but may be meaningful to a private party buyer.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So, about 10% off MSRP. The question is how much value to add for modifications, such as PPF, which cost about $9K. That probably does not mean much to a dealer, but may be meaningful to a private party buyer.
Unfortunately, those kind of things don't add much. Similarly - as an example, If I got $10,000 after market wheels - while some might value it, most resale still goes based on the original MSRP. Sure, some will add value to it - but probably a lot less than you paid. As another example, a popular thing done is radar detector hard wiring - which if done at the dealership costs over $1k. However, on resale it adds almost $0.

How much value would PPF, etc.. add? My gut-feel, probably half of what you paid for those upgrades.
Sponsored