Ambient lighting...

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
not sure I get you? Ambient lighting £300 option in U.K.? My question was does ambient lighting just change the colour or add additional lighting.
Sorry, it's standard in the US, so would need a UK buyer to answer.
Sponsored

TimS1977

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Landrover Disco
Country flag
Does anyone have pics of standard lighting to compare?
Yes I had the same question - if you don’t order the Ambient pack, do you still get lights in the cup holders, door sills etc, just plain white - i.e you can’t change the colours, or are there no such lights without the Ambient pack?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Yes I had the same question - if you don’t order the Ambient pack, do you still get lights in the cup holders, door sills etc, just plain white - i.e you can’t change the colours, or are there no such lights without the Ambient pack?
Can’t answer your question but I ordered in the end. Think the pics justified the cost of the option.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
not sure I get you? Ambient lighting £300 option in U.K.? My question was does ambient lighting just change the colour or add additional lighting.
Without Ambient you get a standard white light in some areas like the door pockets, centre roof area near the rear view mirror cluster; the door handles (behind them) but not that lights up the whole door in the way some of the earlier pictures show (ie just under the upper door trim). Also the cup holders do not have any lights.

I suspect by the above it is also not something that can be a future FoD (Feature on Demand). honestly speaking whilst its a nice thing to play with I don't think I miss it. I've also heard that without this you also do not get puddle lights under the door - you do get them on the wing mirrors though. Hope that helps.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Without Ambient you get a standard white light in some areas like the door pockets, centre roof area near the rear view mirror cluster; the door handles (behind them) but not that lights up the whole door in the way some of the earlier pictures show (ie just under the upper door trim). Also the cup holders do not have any lights.

I suspect by the above it is also not something that can be a future FoD (Feature on Demand). honestly speaking whilst its a nice thing to play with I don't think I miss it. I've also heard that without this you also do not get puddle lights under the door - you do get them on the wing mirrors though. Hope that helps.
I have it: pleasant but by no means essential.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I agree - nice to have but not essential. But the puddle lights are a separate option for purchase. It is not related to the ambient lighting option (at least here in the US).
Sponsored