dwtinsley

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is my first post. My car has the same clicking noise. It is exactly the same sound as the one from the audio file uploaded by OSCH.

I took delivery of the Turbo this past June (2021 model) and I have been driving daily since then (for about 3 months now).

In my case, the A/C has always been ON (very low or low setting) (it is pretty hot here in South Korea in the summer months).

Until very recently there had been no such noise (at least I did not notice it). But now, the noise is unmistakable. It is faint but a bit annoying.
My first post also. I bought my 4s Tursimo in Mid September. I live in Florida and used the AC a lot this summer. But it's cooling down a little. This same noise started just a couple of weeks ago. Its unmistakably this same. I traced it down to the same spot and assumed it had to do with the A/C. Because this noise just started I also feel is something failing or not operating as intend. I have a schedule repair for a interior motion sensor replacement (alarm going off randomly) soon and I will bring this up then and report back.
Sponsored

OP
OP

osch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My first post also. I bought my 4s Tursimo in Mid September. I live in Florida and used the AC a lot this summer. But it's cooling down a little. This same noise started just a couple of weeks ago. Its unmistakably this same. I traced it down to the same spot and assumed it had to do with the A/C. Because this noise just started I also feel is something failing or not operating as intend. I have a schedule repair for a interior motion sensor replacement (alarm going off randomly) soon and I will bring this up then and report back.
My hope is that if enough of us notify Porsche maybe they will do something but it seems we have all been told this sound is normal based on the replies here. I have learned to live with it as 99% of the time my radio is on and the noise is barely noticable anyway, but i still hope they will issue a fix as it does not seem healthy in the long run for component that is causing this.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Some times with the AC on there is a sound coming from the firewall somewhere that sounds like a servo motor regulating itself. I can hear this from within the car while driving and when it appears it stays for a long time.

Here is a clip of it happening, recorded under the hood of the car.

This is the origin of the sound

IMG_1409.jpeg

I was in for the software update campaign today and asked a technician, but i got some BS answer that the car had a lot of coolant lines and it constantly regulated coolant flow etc. etc.

Has anyone else experienced this sound?

Edit: The sound is only there when The AC is on. If i turn off AC and it is only set to heat the sound disappears.

Edit2: I told the dealer about this and got to try another car with the exact same sound. They said it is not an issue. I am not convinced this part will last 5-years with this kind of erratic behaviour.
My car has it as well, dealer told me PCNA told them it is normal, yet none of the other cars on the lot have it. I met with my dealers Master Tech, who told me definitely not normal. My guess is they don't know how to fix it, so they ignore it and push it off by telling people it is normal. I have YouTube videos of Porsche engineers discussing the extra insulation to insure the cabin is quiet, they clearly would not think this was normal either.