Anyone in the UK waiting for a car that's been built?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Plan.png

I ordered mine on 03/AUG and have been advised it should be and ready to collect by the end of November :)

Cant wait, its my first EV coming from a range of M powered BMW's, currently in an X3M Comp.
Mike - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can probably assume that JK Rowling drafted that schedule. There are hundreds of us that were due to get cars in June-Aug that are still waiting for them and we all have similar print-outs stating the theory, but in practice ..........
Like you I am moving from various M Series BMW's over the last 15 years and can't wait to get hold of the 4S.

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Sorry, I am in the UK.

I put about 10k of options on - nothing really particularly out-there. I was told the 14-way seats delayed it by a month.

I only have one key and the wireless charging does not work (awaiting the conductor) otherwise it’s the car I ordered.

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Mike - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can probably assume that JK Rowling drafted that schedule. There are hundreds of us that were due to get cars in June-Aug that are still waiting for them and we all have similar print-outs stating the theory, but in practice ..........
Like you I am moving from various M Series BMW's over the last 15 years and can't wait to get hold of the 4S.
Yes i'm aware this might slip, which i'm ok with... but that said i know of 4 others that have purchased a CT from the same sales man/dealer and all have arrived on time in the last 2 months. I jumped on a cancelled order, so we changed the spec and transferred to me.

delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am not from UK but from Hong Kong (also right hand drive), I guess my situation is pretty similar to you guys.

Ordered my Taycan RWD March and confirmed June production. But the car is still in the factory right now without further information of what parts are missing....

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I ordered my RWD in March with about £12k of options.
I picked it up on 8th Aug.

I was specifically advised to avoid the higher specced seat options due to the chip shortage.

And though mine has air suspension, I was advised at pick up that they are having delays with that as well due to the floods in Germany in July, which affected the factory.

I was specifically told at time of ordering that some other dealerships were giving unrealistic delivery dates as they were taking orders without having build slots.

I have also only got 1 key, but everything else is as specced.

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
Car ordered April (CT 4S), original expected delivery date - end of July.

This was pushed back to the end of August.
Update from the dealer early August to say all on track and they had been notified that it had left the production line and was expected with them around the 20th August.

Called a fortnight ago to say it was still on 'exit' at the factory and they didn't know when it was going to get here.

Our sales guy said they normally get two transporter deliveries a week but only had a single one in the last eight.

So the wait continues

Last edited:

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Sorry, I am in the UK.

I put about 10k of options on - nothing really particularly out-there. I was told the 14-way seats delayed it by a month.

I only have one key and the wireless charging does not work (awaiting the conductor) otherwise it’s the car I ordered.
Did you order from Porsche West London by any chance? I placed order on release date like you -but my car is apparently still in ‘’compound’’..thinking of cancelling my order

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Hi All

New to this site.

Not sure if this information is useful but I ordered a 4S CT in March (as soon as it was released) and I have just picked it up today. It arrived in the dealership two weeks ago but I waited for the new registration.

It’s beautiful!
What colour and spec have you got Ben, can you post some up in a new thread? Desperate for real life pictures of CTs as my lock date is in a couple of weeks and struggling on colours.

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I did not order from West London and after talking to the world’s most arrogant salesman there about a year ago - I would never do so.

I went for Gentian Blue with Crayon and Black interior. Am I not allowed to post pictures in this thread?

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
I did not order from West London and after talking to the world’s most arrogant salesman there about a year ago - I would never do so.

I went for Gentian Blue with Crayon and Black interior. Am I not allowed to post pictures in this thread?
Sounds great, I’m most likely going with crayon interior, just trying decide if I have the minerals for frozen blue? post them wherever you want! Just thought they’d be better in the CT area.

Kevin BM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4-Hybrid (Taycan CT ordered)
Country flag
Mine was scheduled for June production which then slipped to early July for an August delivery. Surfice to say that August is history and as far as I know the car is still at the factory. My OPC can't seem to tell me anything but if it helps I will start believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and anything else if it means my car coming soon.

OP
OP
samueldave

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
anyone had an update on their car delivery. I was told that my car would be arriving in the UK on the weekend. Dealer thinks sheerness but the only crossings I can see from Emden are to Grimsby...

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
anyone had an update on their car divery. I was told that my car would be arriving in the UK on the weekend. Dealer thinks sheerness but the only crossings I can see from Emden are to Grimsby...
Apprently mine arrived at the port over the weekend,
Handover within the next 1-2 weeks