Anyone in the US take delivery recently?

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
You can now change your profile from ordered to DELIVERED. Enjoy, I get my 4S tomorrow at PECATL. Can't wait (Carmine Red).
My car is officially on a truck heading to the dealership. I should get it early next week. Here are my dates in case they are useful - in the end, I was slightly ahead for production but then lose those 2 weeks at port. Final delivery date will be almost exactly what Porsche & the dealership forecasted when I placed the order back in December.

Order Created 01/16/2021
Change Freeze 01/22/2021
Scheduled Production 02/05/2021
Start Production 02/15/2021
Production Completed 02/22/2021
Ready for Transport 02/22/2021
In Transit to Emden 02/22/2021
Arrival Emden 02/23/2021
On Vessel 03/02/2021
Vessel Enterping Port 03/19/2021
Port Processing 03/19/2021
En Route to Dealer 03/26/2021
Estimated Delivery 03/30/2021
Thanks for posting this.

My RWD just started production and the Tracking site showed 14 days to complete. Yours finished in 7 days. Will have to see how the schedule adjusts and if earlier completion will reflect in earlier delivery. One can hope.. . .
Sponsored

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for posting this.

My RWD just started production and the Tracking site showed 14 days to complete. Yours finished in 7 days. Will have to see how the schedule adjusts and if earlier completion will reflect in earlier delivery. One can hope.. . .
fwiw mine was ahead of schedule by a few days and arrived at Emden early enough to make it on to an earlier boat.... but that didn't happen. now hoping that it gets on the boat listed in TYD which *should* get it to me in time ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
fwiw mine was ahead of schedule by a few days and arrived at Emden early enough to make it on to an earlier boat.... but that didn't happen. now hoping that it gets on the boat listed in TYD which *should* get it to me in time ?
Same - I was running 1-1.5 weeks ahead until Emden where it sat for a little while (missing 2 boats I believe). Ultimately, it got to me on almost the exact date Porsche promised originally though.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same - I was running 1-1.5 weeks ahead until Emden where it sat for a little while (missing 2 boats I believe). Ultimately, it got to me on almost the exact date Porsche promised originally though.
just curious, did your TYD "On Vessel" step get updated with a ship name before the ship even arrived at Emden? That's what happened for me and I'm hoping that once TYD gets a ship name that it's fairly certain the car will be on that ship.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
just curious, did your TYD "On Vessel" step get updated with a ship name before the ship even arrived at Emden? That's what happened for me and I'm hoping that once TYD gets a ship name that it's fairly certain the car will be on that ship.
I actually didn't realize there was a ship name until much later. To note, once it got on the ship, there were more and more delays that weren't showing in the Porsche interface (but when tracking the ship with third party sites, I could see more accurate info - showing the delay).
Sponsored