Anyone with CT Bike Carrier tested effect on range?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thought I'd ask the very few (possibly only 2 folk) I know have received their Taycan CT bike carriers if they happen to have tested any impact on range - obviously a combined function of aerodynamics and total weight (depending on one or two bikes and their corresponding weight) and doing a round trip on the same route with and w/o the carrier and it's load.

TBH not something I am going to worry about at any particular level - simply means adjusting charging plans if necessary on longer trips with zero effect on routes close to where I live - but still curious if there were any dramatic results or if negligible impact on range.

Sidebar below I shared before but using one of our Forum mbr's pics of his carrier I was messing with modding the look of the attached brake-reverse-indicator light assemblies as I really don't like the big bulk block design. I am leaning towards the far right look where I'd do it with layered black out and smoked film and/or a mix of plastic and film - clearly I am bored :)!

Last update from dealer was late Q3 at earliest to receive mine but given the god awful Ukraine situation, probably optimistic.

Stock carrier lights on left - two iterations of a modded look to right:

Porsche Taycan Anyone with CT Bike Carrier tested effect on range? Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 4.38.25 PM
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Great question!

Unfortunately I can't help but keen to read the responses and typical impact - can imagine it will be impactful but not enough to prevent you from using it.

I have one on order for my GTS ST (still reeling from the lack of tow bar on the saloon). Range in UK is not great at the best of times but imagine a further 10% hit once carrier and bikes have been loaded.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have the bike carrier rack on my 4CT. I have not noticed much affect on range; however, I have not used it on a road trip yet. I just returned from PCA Werks at Amelia Island Florida where I was able to see the new GTS ST. This was a USA vehicle. I noticed that there was no removable cover on the back to access the bike rack attachment points. When I ask the Porsche employees about it they informed me that the ST would not be available with bike rack attachment option and if that was important then you would need to order the CT. I did look on the US configurator and the option to order the bike carrier on a ST is listed as an option?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the bike carrier rack on my 4CT. I have not noticed much affect on range; however, I have not used it on a road trip yet. I just returned from PCA Werks at Amelia Island Florida where I was able to see the new GTS ST. This was a USA vehicle. I noticed that there was no removable cover on the back to access the bike rack attachment points. When I ask the Porsche employees about it they informed me that the ST would not be available with bike rack attachment option and if that was important then you would need to order the CT. I did look on the US configurator and the option to order the bike carrier on a ST is listed as an option?
It is an option on both CT and ST - confirmed on the configurator. The preparation for the cycle carrier is an option so perhaps the car you saw did not have this?

Saloon / sedan it is not an option.
Sponsored