Apple Music trial query UK

848EVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys,
I’m sure I read somewhere that Taycan owners receive 6 months free Apple Music- is this true or have I misunderstood?
I did my order for the Porsche Connect before I collected the car and have linked my Apple ID to the car via the QR code.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Hi guys,
I’m sure I read somewhere that Taycan owners receive 6 months free Apple Music- is this true or have I misunderstood?
I did my order for the Porsche Connect before I collected the car and have linked my Apple ID to the car via the QR code.
Thanks in advance
yes it's true at least in Canada. You can reclaim in the Porsche connect app the 6 month trial and then link your car in the app to your Apple music account.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
The link I received was outdated when I picked up my Taycan, so the actual offer over here was reduced to only 3 months. That doesn’t eager me to continue such subscription, at least not when they advertise 6 months and you’ve left with half of it. That’s a bit lousy of Porsche/Apple when buying such an expensive car.

I think I just stick with the DAB and sat radio which is more than enough to me, and rather enjoy all the positive things with the car instead;)

Last edited:

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
The link I received was outdated when I picked up my Taycan, so the actual offer over here was reduced to only 3 months. That doesn’t eager me to continue such subscription, at least not when they advertise 6 months and you’ve left with half of it. That’s a bit lousy of Porsche/Apple when buying such an expensive car.

I think I just stick with the DAB and sat radio which is more than enough to me, and enjoy everything positive with rest of the car instead. I don’t suffer, so don’t feel sorry for me ;)
Snap. The link expired as my car sat at Emden for too long. So I'm on the Apple 3 month trial . I did call connect services but they didn't really care

OP
OP

848EVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Snap. The link expired as my car sat at Emden for too long. So I'm on the Apple 3 month trial . I did call connect services but they didn't really care
I’ve just found the offer on the Porsche Connect App, and redeemed it. I only got 3 months free. Reading the small print it does say 6 months for new members or 3 months for former or current members. I had Apple Music about 3 years ago so guess I am a former member

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I wouldn’t bother. Apple Music rarely works for me in the Taycan. Maybe once every ten times driving the car if I’m lucky.

OP
OP

848EVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wouldn’t bother. Apple Music rarely works for me in the Taycan. Maybe once every ten times driving the car if I’m lucky.
Thanks, I’ll see how I get on. I’ll probably cancel it after the free period. The DAB stations seem to offer superb sound quality

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Cuts out all the time. The in built data package ain’t up to streaming from Apple Music. Even car play cuts out every now and then. I can only assume the car is so insulated that my phone finds it difficult to keep a decent signal.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree it doesn't work well at all... cuts a lot and you have to re-link the account numerous times...

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I agree it doesn't work well at all... cuts a lot and you have to re-link the account numerous times...
They should have added the option to download the music locally so when the signal is weak it still works. Doesn’t help with the abysmally bad design of the overall PCM system and having to reset - link/unlink but would at least help alleviate some of the frustration.

Great car - really really bad infotainment system.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes it's true at least in Canada. You can reclaim in the Porsche connect app the 6 month trial and then link your car in the app to your Apple music account.
@Tonytones - did you create a new apple ID for this? Or did you use an existing apple ID? I think this may be the difference between 6 months and 3 months. The redeem offer clicked when logged in to myporshe says it is only for US, Brazil or Mexico - I'm in Canada so was not valid as shown in the attached picture...

Porsche Taycan Apple Music trial query UK Untitled

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Tonytones - did you create a new apple ID for this? Or did you use an existing apple ID? I think this may be the difference between 6 months and 3 months. The redeem offer clicked when logged in to myporshe says it is only for US, Brazil or Mexico - I'm in Canada so was not valid as shown in the attached picture...

Untitled.png
I don’t recall specifically seeing this Redeem code page from Apple.
I did the registration to activate the free 6-month trial period of Apple Music directly with the Porsche Pro at dealership during delivery... but what I’m sure is that I used my usual Apple ID that I have had for more than 10 -15 years.
I did it through Porsche Connect App under PCM services. Here are a couple of pictures. Hope this can help...
Porsche Taycan Apple Music trial query UK 7CA08A49-CE48-4AC8-AF15-81299F206DF2
Porsche Taycan Apple Music trial query UK 51E50FE4-64C9-4BE6-ACD1-B14E0C8F3584

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok thanks. I'll try that once I can get my car logged on. My login button on the PCM is grey and can't sign in. So I am a guest in my own car right now. :(
Sponsored