Dufferman12

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2018 9114S Targa, 1911 Model T Torpedo
Country flag
I have a new 4S and cannot get the automatic truck opener to respond to the movement of my foot under the back of the car. It is turned on but rarely works, like only twice,
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have a new 4S and cannot get the automatic truck opener to respond to the movement of my foot under the back of the car. It is turned on but rarely works, like only twice,
Do you ”kick” forward in the center on the car and then move a way from the var bakwards

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same problem with mine when I picked it up from the Experience Center. That feature seems to be turned off by default from the factory. But is easily enabled:
Go-to Settings -> Vehicle -> Vehicle locking systems -> Tailgate Comfort Access

Porsche Taycan Automatic Trunk Opener not working with foot motion Screenshot_20201123-113354

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
From the manual, I thought it was a swiping motion (e.g. from left to right), but it is not. It is kicking from the back of the car towards the front - aiming to kick under the car by the “C in “Porsche”.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Position your Kick under the letter "c" of the rear Porsche Logo, then perform the kick. It should do the trick.

OP
OP

Dufferman12

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2018 9114S Targa, 1911 Model T Torpedo
Country flag
Position your Kick under the letter "c" of the rear Porsche Logo, then perform the kick. It should do the trick.
It WORKED!!! Under the "C." Should be easier.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
It WORKED!!! Under the "C." Should be easier.
This is great info! My wife and I have been randomly kicking around (and often kicking the car) to see when it works. It’s become a bit of a joke since we’re totally surprised each time it actually works...now with the secret key I can’t wait to show off my kicking prowess!
Sponsored