First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Hi

My CT is just a couple of months old now, on both front seats base squabs the leather isn't stuck down to the foam underneath as a guess, but is it supposed to be like this is the question.

Easier to show with a picture I think - Is this normal?

Porsche Taycan Baggy leather - is this normal? IMG_0142
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

My CT is just a couple of months old now, on both front seats base squabs the leather isn't stuck down to the foam underneath as a guess, but is it supposed to be like this is the question.

IMG_0142.jpeg
You should expect some creasing on the side seat bolsters - seat squab and back rest.

The looseness in the seat squab is not normal (in my experience) but your dealer when asked may disagree.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Hi

IMG_0142.jpeg
This in unacceptable. Had it my Jaguar I Pace on the passenger side which they replaced FOC.
Speak to your dealer principal & have them rectify by putting a new one. They will try to tell you that give it time & it will settle but that is very unlikely. Do not be surprised if they take it out & "iron" it with the same seat. Insist on a brand new one!

OP
OP
Beardo

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks - I'll drop an email to the dealer...

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
Let us know what they say if you can, I am interested to see how they handle it.

OP
OP
Beardo

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
They’ve agreed to replace the seat bases on both sides, so good news:clap:

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yeah, that is good news. Seems strange for that to happen. I don't think that's normal. Great to hear they're replacing them.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm starting to notice some slight looseness in my driver's seat, which has me worried that my seat bottom will end up more like yours in a few months' time. I think maybe not enough padding on the ventilated seats... I know it's an issue on the 992 911 seats, which I believe are the same as the Taycan. How much of a pain was it to get it replaced? I think the seat bottoms run around $1000 before labor.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My drivers seat looks like that after driving a few hours but tightens back up the next day. I'm retired and rarely drive one day after another. Wonder if I should complain. Is there a time limit on this?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I had it on the 2020 Cayenne in the rear where the leather would bag like this and would not go back to normal form. This was a warranty replacement that comes with new heater elements. After the replacement it would not bag but would only stretch a little but go back to normal within hours. I would say if it bags as shown in the picture, it is not normal and should be replaced under warranty.

Weezer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Leather stretches, soft leather stretches more, and I assume perforated leather is even worse. Had this in my iPace and BMW 440i. The larger the leather panel the more susceptible it is. But weirdly, the Taycan seems inconsistent - I’ve seen second-hand cars both with and without sagging; I’ve been looking because it’s a real bugbear of mine, and a worry with a car costing upwards of £100K. It’s even made me start looking at GTS models with Race-Tex instead of leather. Still, the example above seems particularly bad.

Last edited:

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I think this happens when you stretch the leather by twisting your butt against the seat to rotate while entering and exiting. Happens in my I-Pace too until I stopped doing that. Or could be my boney butt putting too much concentrated pressure on the seat.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As a follow-up, I had my car in to address an unrelated matter, and I had them look at my driver seat. It isn't nearly as bad as OPs, but it is starting to stretch/get baggy and is now no longer taut to the cushion (unlike the passenger seat and the rear seats). Neither the service agent nor the service manager seemed willing to do anything about it citing it as normal stretching. I'm frustrated, but I have 3 more years of warranty to see how it turns out. if it really, really bugs me, I think it's about $1000 or so to get a standard leather seat bottom.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think this happens when you stretch the leather by twisting your butt against the seat to rotate while entering and exiting. Happens in my I-Pace too until I stopped doing that. Or could be my boney butt putting too much concentrated pressure on the seat.
It's 100% from contorting yourself to get out of the car, given how difficult it can be to get out of the car cleanly. In my case, trying to avoid putting my weight on the side bolsters (which are made of origami paper, it seems, and crease just as easily), I managed to stretch the seat pad through the torsion of my ass on the seat as I tried to lift myself over the bolster.
Sponsored