Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I’m on OVO as I used to be SSE and they moved me there a few months back. So jumped on Charge Anytime and I find it a much better proposition than 4hrs off peak.

It’s flexible enough so you can always wake up to a full car should you need it. Easy to use and most importantly no impact on house tariff.

The only weird thing I found is that my Andersen A2 keeps throwing power supply faults now… might be unrelated but I’ll have to ring Andersen 🤷🏻‍♂️

25152E97-28E8-4375-8B44-EA9858F70367.jpeg
Hope you get to the bottom of that.

I just use the Porsche Mobile Charger plus that came with my MY23 4S CT

Last edited:

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I’m on OVO as I used to be SSE and they moved me there a few months back. So jumped on Charge Anytime and I find it a much better proposition than 4hrs off peak.

It’s flexible enough so you can always wake up to a full car should you need it. Easy to use and most importantly no impact on house tariff.

The only weird thing I found is that my Andersen A2 keeps throwing power supply faults now… might be unrelated but I’ll have to ring Andersen 🤷🏻‍♂️

25152E97-28E8-4375-8B44-EA9858F70367.jpeg
Exact same thing is happening to me and has stopped it from charging on one occasion.

On another note for the thread I originally thought you could only have one car on Charge Anytime if you didn’t have a compatible charger… turns out it’s not the case and my wife is able to charge her Tesla through it too (with a seperate CA account linked to the OVO account).

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Just had my first charge off it. Was at 70%, set to 85% max but it went to 88%.

How long do you get the 10p rate for? I came back on 3% the other day so it wouldn't really have time to fully charge overnight - how does it handle that? Is it up to me to guess a min soc (say 40%) day 1 and then set it for 80% the next day to charge more on a second overnight? Or will it just use standard rates to get to 80% after the max 10p rate has been used up? Cheers

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Just had my first charge off it. Was at 70%, set to 85% max but it went to 88%.

How long do you get the 10p rate for? I came back on 3% the other day so it wouldn't really have time to fully charge overnight - how does it handle that? Is it up to me to guess a min soc (say 40%) day 1 and then set it for 80% the next day to charge more on a second overnight? Or will it just use standard rates to get to 80% after the max 10p rate has been used up? Cheers
Set the Charge Anytime App to min 0% and Max whatever you want it to be.
It will start charging as soon as you plug in and should get to your required soc by the following morning as long as you have about 11 or 12 hours. If you set a higher minimum it will charge you full rate until you reach the min soc

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When will it typically start and end 10p charging mate daily - so as I can gauge likely soc when i get to teh car

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
When will it typically start and end 10p charging mate daily - so as I can gauge likely soc when i get to teh car
It seems to charge whenever it needs, I haven't spotted any pattern yet. It will set preferred hours in a profile called Enode but mine seems to charge outside these hours. I regularly arrive home at about 9% to 11% soc, plug in arround 7.30pm and it is st 85% by 7.40am the following morning. My PMC+ delivers around 6.8kwh so in theory it needs to charge almost continuously. I sometimes spot it has paused at peak times but so far never failed to get me back to 85%

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow - thats pretty good isnt it compared to Octopus tiny 4 hr window plus loading day rate. Happy days.

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
I have just applied for OVO Charge Anytime for when my favourable fixed rate with Octopus Go finishes in April. This appears to be the cheapest EV tariff available at present and from comments on this forum it seems to work well. Octopus wanted to know why I was leaving and I told them that although I was very happy with their efficiency & service, they were just too expensive. A £50 golden hello is available if signing up before 31st March.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yes, it works well other than when the Porsche servers are down for maintenance, but you can't blame OVO for that.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Yes, it works well other than when the Porsche servers are down for maintenance, but you can't blame OVO for that.
The trouble with that is anyone using this service could do with advance notice of the servers being down. Otherwise the consequence is a car that isn’t charged when you need it

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
The trouble with that is anyone using this service could do with advance notice of the servers being down. Otherwise the consequence is a car that isn’t charged when you need it
It charges, you just don't get the 10p rate

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
It charges, you just don't get the 10p rate
Ok. So no worse off than not having it. I thought it could stop it charging. I was going to switch to this but have solar panels coming shortly and apparently it won’t work with them

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Ok. So no worse off than not having it. I thought it could stop it charging. I was going to switch to this but have solar panels coming shortly and apparently it won’t work with them
You are probably better off with Octopus with solar panels. Their SEG tariff is 15p/kwh compared to OVO at 4p/kwh
Going back to OVO when the Porsche servers are down you need to set Timers and Profiles the car otherwise it might not charge but I guess that applies to all suppliers as the My Porsche App can't be used to set charging requirements.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I have just applied for OVO Charge Anytime for when my favourable fixed rate with Octopus Go finishes in April. This appears to be the cheapest EV tariff available at present and from comments on this forum it seems to work well. Octopus wanted to know why I was leaving and I told them that although I was very happy with their efficiency & service, they were just too expensive. A £50 golden hello is available if signing up before 31st March.
Can you let me know how you applied please? I was looking at it but it suggested online that only available to existing ovo customers currently? Thanks.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Can you let me know how you applied please? I was looking at it but it suggested online that only available to existing ovo customers currently? Thanks.
Yep, you need to switch to OVO first, then once meters are registered on OVO just download the Charge Anytime App and link it to your Porsche ID (email and password).
Sponsored