Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I have ordered a Taycan Turbo S, although I have told delivery won't be until later this year.

My OPC have called me today and said they want me to sign a letter saying I will pay a Brexit tariff if this is imposed. I don't have the letter yet, but has anyone else been asked to sign this sort of letter post 01 January 2021?

Thanks.
Sponsored

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I have ordered a Taycan Turbo S, although I have told delivery won't be until later this year.

My OPC have called me today and said they want me to sign a letter saying I will pay a Brexit tariff if this is imposed. I don't have the letter yet, but has anyone else been asked to sign this sort of letter post 01 January 2021?

Thanks.
I believe “the deal” with EU/U.K. largely avoided the WTO 10% tariff we had all heard lots about.
However two other points linked to price rise loom.
1. Rules of Origin relate to component content that is not from within the EU and because of battery cost and supply from Asia, this is expected to be a hefty proportion of the component cost of EV cars.
2. manufacturer price increases. Porsche are expected to seek a price increase.
My OPC told me that price rises were to be expected from March 21 onwards and I didn’t delve into the specifics but my Turbo replacement for my present 6mth old 4S was due late Feb early March but to my delight is now en route from factory via Emden to the dealer and delivery is imminent.
(Broken ankle 1wk ago might mean I pay for it to sit in storage registered and ready for swap out as I’ve 300 mile ew trip in ferry to Scotland/England journey)
Hope this helps in some way to aid your understanding.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I believe “the deal” with EU/U.K. largely avoided the WTO 10% tariff we had all heard lots about.
1. Rules of Origin relate to component content that is not from within the EU and because of battery cost and supply from Asia, this is expected to be a hefty proportion of the component cost of EV cars.
My OPC told me that price rises were to be expected from March 21 onwards and I didn’t delve into the specifics but my Turbo replacement for my present 6mth old 4S was due late Feb early March but to my delight is now en route from factory via Emden to the dealer and delivery is imminent.
(Broken ankle 1wk ago might mean I pay for it to sit in storage registered and ready for swap out as I’ve 300 mile ew trip in ferry to Scotland/England journey)
Did you get a good swap price to move from 4S to TurboS? I am just wandering how much of a sting I might need to be prepared for - I understand if you'd rather not say of course...

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks Bertie. That's very helpful.

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Did you get a good swap price to move from 4S to TurboS? I am just wandering how much of a sting I might need to be prepared for - I understand if you'd rather not say of course...
I don't have a price to swop yet. Normally, that discussion wouldn't happen until the new car is nearing delivery, and I've been told 'end of the year' for the Turbo S. I'll be keeping a keen eye on used 4S prices as the year progresses.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Dropped you a PM note.
Generally speaking I’m happy to be upgrading my spec and paying a little more for a Turbo in a colour not originally offered by Porsche GB - tweaking the spec upwards too! Great car!

travisfickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan
Country flag
I have been lurking on here for a while and it is a great resource. Thank you to all who contribute. I have just registered in order to post about a recent price change which seems positive.

I ordered a 4S a few weeks back. I was told to expect delivery in Spring 2021, although I know not to rely on that. I noticed when I went in to look at the spec again on the Confuserator this evening that the Performance Battery Plus price has decreased. It is now £3,901 including VAT. When I placed my order and paid my deposit, it was £4,613.

I know the long-term trend for battery prices is downwards, but I was not expecting such a steep reduction so soon. I am not complaining but...

Should I take the opportunity to add an extra £700 of options? Or will there be a sting in the tail with price increases due to Brexit? I am already past my budget in a big way!

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Should I take the opportunity to add an extra £700 of options?
Is this a trick question? ;)
Porsche’s decision to make the £700 charger “free” when I bought mine paid for Sport Chrono. I’d have burned through the £700 in my pocket, but now when I drive the car and the the horrible clock in the middle of the dash, I remember it was free!:D

travisfickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan
Country flag
Is this a trick question? ;)
Porsche’s decision to make the £700 charger “free” when I bought mine paid for Sport Chrono. I’d have burned through the £700 in my pocket, but now when I drive the car and the the horrible clock in the middle of the dash, I remember it was free!:D
There is logic in that, but I could not resist. I have gone back over-budget. It is a good job I do not gamble, because I would always twist!

I may need to revisit this if prices go up before I am locked in.
Sponsored