tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This won't go away. My screen won't display.

Tried restarting the car several times. Anyone have a solution?

TIA
Porsche Taycan Black Screen Of Death? 16921035790546055702218696595536
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
It will fix itself after you lock the car and keep the key fob away for 15 - 30 minutes.

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will fix itself after you lock the car and keep the key fob away for 15 - 30 minutes.
Thanks. I'm realizing this coincides with the OTA update that I thought wasn't installed (got an error message the first time I tried to do it), but maybe is now installed.

I'm going to try the 2 finger reset as soon as I figure out how exactly to do that lol.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Thanks. I'm realizing this coincides with the OTA update that I thought wasn't installed (got an error message the first time I tried to do it), but maybe is now installed.

I'm going to try the 2 finger reset as soon as I figure out how exactly to do that lol.
2 finger reset usually doesn't work for this issue. To do that reset you just push and hold with 2 fingers about 1 finger width apart from each other in the top right corner of the display. If you do it right, the screen will go blank and then boot into engineering mode. You choose the option to exit and it will reboot as normal.

I've added red ovals to the areas where you can try to press to get the reboot to work. It should work within 5 seconds if you get the right spot.

Porsche Taycan Black Screen Of Death? 16921035790546055702218696595536

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2 finger reset usually doesn't work for this issue. To do that reset you just push and hold with 2 fingers about 1 finger width apart from each other in the top right corner of the display. If you do it right, the screen will go blank and then boot into engineering mode. You choose the option to exit and it will reboot as normal.

I've added red ovals to the areas where you can try to press to get the reboot to work. It should work within 5 seconds if you get the right spot.
Thank you for this!!!

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
My '22 Taycan requires the two finger reboot about 20% of the time I get in...Totally frustrating. I have had the software update.
I did take it in today because I couldn't get the ApplePlay EV maps to work. It kept saying I needed to upgrade my car's communications manager. As it turned out it was that my iPhone had carplay disabled in the phone's Settings. While troubleshooting to figure this one out, we removed my phone from Taycan and same on phone and reestablished a connection. Porsche technician was hopeful this might improve my 20% black screen issue...but that I think is a hope and prayer. Speaking of hope and prayer he also said "maybe they will have a fix later this year". Ha!

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey All,

Just to bring closure to this - I didn't do the 2 finger reset. The day after I posted this, the screen just came back to life.

SHM

First Name
oOo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My '22 Taycan requires the two finger reboot about 20% of the time I get in...Totally frustrating. I have had the software update.
I did take it in today because I couldn't get the ApplePlay EV maps to work. It kept saying I needed to upgrade my car's communications manager. As it turned out it was that my iPhone had carplay disabled in the phone's Settings. While troubleshooting to figure this one out, we removed my phone from Taycan and same on phone and reestablished a connection. Porsche technician was hopeful this might improve my 20% black screen issue...but that I think is a hope and prayer. Speaking of hope and prayer he also said "maybe they will have a fix later this year". Ha!
I would tell the dealer they must fix this issue.

Its not ok in 2023 to be doing this! They need to hire some better developers!
Sponsored