rx7arai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
It has only happened to me twice so far. Hopefully, Porsche will address this PCM issue before it gets out of hand.
Sponsored

OP
OP

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
After 4 days at the dealer, the new software has been installed. The software works better but there is still about a 10-15 percent chance the PCM will not boot up and you need to do a 2 finger reset so the software will load. Maybe when my lease is up and I turn this car back in the software will be improved. Not sure if I'll get another Taycan as the PCM is very frustrating.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I would not accept this - sounds like the hardware may be dodgy?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
After 4 days at the dealer, the new software has been installed. The software works better but there is still about a 10-15 percent chance the PCM will not boot up and you need to do a 2 finger reset so the software will load. Maybe when my lease is up and I turn this car back in the software will be improved. Not sure if I'll get another Taycan as the PCM is very frustrating.
Could be a faulty COMMS / LTE module which may need to connect prior to completing the PCM boot sequence. If it never connects then the PCM will potentially wait before proceeding.

Have you tried the 12V battery disconnect (apologies if this has been asked before)?
Sponsored