SThurlow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S on order (build in the summer, if everything goes well). I travel frequently between the US and Canada and am thinking about options for maintaining connectivity while in Canada. My Audi Q5 supports the bluetooth rsap profile, which shows up as a 'connection type' of 'connected car." When enabled, the data goes through the connected phone instead of the built in esim. Does anyone know if the Taycan have the same capability?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 4S on order (build in the summer, if everything goes well). I travel frequently between the US and Canada and am thinking about options for maintaining connectivity while in Canada. My Audi Q5 supports the bluetooth rsap profile, which shows up as a 'connection type' of 'connected car." When enabled, the data goes through the connected phone instead of the built in esim. Does anyone know if the Taycan have the same capability?
I don't think it offers this but why would you require it?

The Taycan has an eSIM globally tuned to specific Telco providers (perhaps not always the best ones). The car effectively roams all the time at no additional cost to you.

The optional and separate data package operates differently but there is no need to subscribe to this service.