Jh123456

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes 450 GLE
Country flag
My car had a litany of symptoms that appeared all at the same time: Bluetooth died (all aspects - can't recognize paired phone or add a new one), Wifi died, Apple Carplay died, telematics to Porsche servers died, Smartlift stopped working, News and Weather apps are gray, Calendar app is gone, and although my user ID is still logged in, the car no longer thinks the primary user is logged in. The excellent Taycan tech at my dealer diagnosed this as a faulty communications module and has ordered a replacement. ETA mid-October. At least I have my choice of advertisements delivered over FM, occasionally with a classic rock song to break up the ads.
Sponsored

Jh123456

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes 450 GLE
Country flag
It seems to have rectified itself now so panic over!

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
This just happened to me. Same symptoms, looks to be the stated Comms Module. 2020 Taycan Turbo with 20k kms and a daily driver.

Getting it looked at in a week. I’ll post an update. Seems quite common though!

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have 2020 4s 34k daily miles and the Bluetooth stop working and not called the dealership yet hoping it self corrects

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
My combox will be replaced too. While diagnosing they messed up my Apple Music & Spotify licenses too, both icons greyed out again. The finicky PCM and backend connect authentication services are extremely underwhelming. Never had a car with such inconsistent performance.
Sponsored