Bose removed from UK configurator

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
It doesn't appear to be every configuration. For example the 4S still has Bose as an option and its still on the standard configuration of a Turbo S.

Strangely the Turbo models do not have it as an option.
That's because Bose his standard on Turbo models.
Sponsored

Justy182

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Bose available on the GTS. Burmester has also reappeared on the GTS config as an option now.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Ever get the “why are we bothering” feeling? Delays everywhere, features randomly disappearing, cars held waiting batteries.

people keep asking about my order and I’ve reached the stage I’m honestly not bothered anymore. Lost interest because it’ll be another year or more probably

OP
OP
daveb3473

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I share you pain - but then I think - what else do I want to get? I just wish Porsche would treat customers like customers, who are spending their hard earned money on a dream purchase. This part of Porsche's commitment to customers is sadly missing.

All this is needed is proactive communication - however when you order books are full, why bother? It will be interesting when Porsche become public that they will have to be transparent with shareholders.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It will be interesting when Porsche become public that they will have to be transparent with shareholders.
Interesting, IME once a company goes public the customer goes down one step in priority (to shareholders) as do employees.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Ever get the “why are we bothering” feeling? Delays everywhere, features randomly disappearing, cars held waiting batteries.

people keep asking about my order and I’ve reached the stage I’m honestly not bothered anymore. Lost interest because it’ll be another year or more probably
I am certainly feeling that way, not least as a global recession could mean that money is far better spent on investments. I can live without a car.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I am certainly feeling that way, not least as a global recession could mean that money is far better spent on investments. I can live without a car.
100% - I'm sorely tempted to forego the Porsche, use the cash for other investments and just get on the electric car bandwagon when Audi release an electric A5 in a couple years.

I know the A5 and Taycan are lightyears away from eachother and that's the point - the porsche is supposed to be premium and top-end but the painful purchase process and open ended delivery timeframe means it loses its shine.

I guess the only silver lining is that the current government are unlikely to remove the corporation tax incentives before delivery looking at the way they're falling over themselves to lower taxes and chum up with HNW individuals

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
100% - I'm sorely tempted to forego the Porsche, use the cash for other investments and just get on the electric car bandwagon when Audi release an electric A5 in a couple years.

I know the A5 and Taycan are lightyears away from eachother and that's the point - the porsche is supposed to be premium and top-end but the painful purchase process and open ended delivery timeframe means it loses its shine.

I guess the only silver lining is that the current government are unlikely to remove the corporation tax incentives before delivery looking at the way they're falling over themselves to lower taxes and chum up with HNW individuals
Agree. Unless something drastic happens to UK Plc, the next tax announcement is expected in January, with a focus on personal and self-employed tax breaks. Based on the market reaction last week, those tax breaks will be conservative.

I will keep my order open for the time being, but if I decide to launch a new venture in the next 6-8 months somewhere with a significantly favourable tax and currency (UAE), then I won't be in the UK enough to make use of the car in any case.

I would then cancel. I'm bearish on the prospects of the West in general and have got quite used to living and working abroad the past 12 months - including heading off again somewhere warm next month.

I will see how things go into the New Year, but I was observing an eye-of-the-storm moment these past two months with the global economy, and now the storm kicks off again.

GBP/EUR prospects are looking weak, so I might now be forced to accelerate my desire to open a business in the ME or Far East, if not as a hedge against a reeling West/Europe.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Bose removed from UK configurator 1664203698711

Traders are already expecting rates to rise sharply in 23...even with Porsche customers there will be many who start to prioritise mortgage payment increases above £100k cars I'd imagine

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
In the longer term - as demand for lower-end luxury cars is suppressed by competing demands for cash - (higher-end luxury buyers may benefit more from interest rate hikes) ....... resale values could go South a bit faster too.

Cubemark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Z4, Honda E, Defender 90 Hardtop
Country flag
TRUST ME! The Bose system is PITIFUL!!!!
I am about to lift the floor to see if there really is a subwoofer because there is less bass than a Roberts radio even turned up to 9 on the crude equaliser. My wife's Honda E is better as is my daughters Mini Countryman. If you compare with competitors then it's embarrassing.....
Sponsored