BOSE Delays

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
@Southern Rain @Dalaki

Please let me know when you have some updates as my dealership has no clue about what is happening and Porsche is not answering
Mine reached My Porsche Phase 5 "Final steps before delivery" today. I presume this means it is out of QA and leaving the factory for Emden. (Or storage, if it's missing Bose / 12v.) So could be with me by mid-December. Or not.
Sponsored

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Mine reached My Porsche Phase 5 "Final steps before delivery" today. I presume this means it is out of QA and leaving the factory for Emden. (Or storage, if it's missing Bose / 12v.) So could be with me by mid-December. Or not.
I reached that step since 45 days now. Not sure it means much.
From my side I have been informed that my car is out of QA since end of last week

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
Thanks for that but they are the black with shiny bits version and I don’t like black wheels with shiny bits with machining marks on - yes my taste is unusual - but it rules out almost all Taycan wheels. The second ones I linked are only nice because they aren’t painted black before machining IMO.
I am getting the non painted version and my local Porsche dealer will get them painted all black for me. Looks alot better then :)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
FWIW, I'm going with:

https://content.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag/tequipment/TeqFinder.nsf/TeqFinder?ReadForm&ma=PCGB (RL)&co=30&sp=1&ba=Taycan&bt=J1&ka=All&pr=EB8780AAC4762604C1258454003F1F81&ac=product

and asking for my car to be delivered with them fitted – ready for our next arctic adventure. Cost from dealer was an eye watering €6,800 in Ireland – but I went for the convenience rather then chasing down something on ebay.

As my car has PCCB's – I can't consider 19" winters – as they won't fit the brakes.

* Also, most other winter wheel sets weren't currently available to order due to supply chain issues.

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
I've installed this in my car along with a matching Match/Audiotec-Fischer sub in the trunk. Lows, highs and clarity significantly improved. Huge upgrade from the standard system which is truly subpar with especially muddy mids and lows, distorting even at mid-volume. Had a professional tune the DSP with mic and soundstage (at least in drivers seat) is pretty decent. This setup does not cut existing cables, it is a plug & play to standard VW Group system and it can be uninstalled without a trace when you want to sell car later. Had dealer confirm this does not void warranty.

Have not compared to Bose, but at least the standard can be upgraded significantly with little effort, although price-wise you are looking at Bose option if you cannot install yourself.
Hello, could you maybe post your complete shopping list for your Audio Upgrade?

DexD

First Name
Declan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 93KW, Mk 2 VW GTi, Fiat X 1/9 Lido
Country flag
I've installed this in my car along with a matching Match/Audiotec-Fischer sub in the trunk. Lows, highs and clarity significantly improved. Huge upgrade from the standard system which is truly subpar with especially muddy mids and lows, distorting even at mid-volume. Had a professional tune the DSP with mic and soundstage (at least in drivers seat) is pretty decent. This setup does not cut existing cables, it is a plug & play to standard VW Group system and it can be uninstalled without a trace when you want to sell car later. Had dealer confirm this does not void warranty.

Have not compared to Bose, but at least the standard can be upgraded significantly with little effort, although price-wise you are looking at Bose option if you cannot install yourself.
The standard system is shockingly bad, and I've been looking for something like this for a year- can you share some more details, such as which subwoofer you chose, and where you mounted it? Also, where did you mount the amp itself, and what is the source/ routing of the power supply for it?

dpham888

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, Mercedes EQS 450+ Sedan
Country flag
Hello All,

I am in the same boat with everyone that is saddled with the Taycan standard sound system. Music is such a big part of the joy of driving a quiet EV. Thanks to this forum, I have decided to upgrade my sound system as well.

The Taycan standard sound system is equipped with a 10 speaker configuration (two 3-way fronts & two 2-way rears). Therefore, I am going to install this 10 channel Amp, Match Up 10DSP, to make all speakers "active" with the Match ISO-Plug & Play Harness. I will change out the stock speakers to JL Audio component speakers for both the fronts & rears. Finally, I am going to install a 10" JL Audio CP110LG-TW1-2 Subwoofer in the trunk + a small amp to drive it. Alternatively, you can use the powered JL Audio ACP110LG-TW1 instead.

Then my installer will do some DSP tuning to my liking. All in all, this custom sound system should be significantly better than the Bose or maybe even the Burmeister. Once installed, i will update my findings. I don't have the Bose or Burmeister to compare but I have heard the Burmeister sound on the Mercedes EQS so I kinda have an idea. I haven't really thought about upgrading car sound systems in the past because they all sounded "good enough" but maybe this is a good thing afterall.

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hello All,

I am in the same boat with everyone that is saddled with the Taycan standard sound system. Music is such a big part of the joy of driving a quiet EV. Thanks to this forum, I have decided to upgrade my sound system as well.

The Taycan standard sound system is equipped with a 10 speaker configuration (two 3-way fronts & two 2-way rears). Therefore, I am going to install this 10 channel Amp, Match Up 10DSP, to make all speakers "active" with the Match ISO-Plug & Play Harness. I will change out the stock speakers to JL Audio component speakers for both the fronts & rears. Finally, I am going to install a 10" JL Audio CP110LG-TW1-2 Subwoofer in the trunk + a small amp to drive it. Alternatively, you can use the powered JL Audio ACP110LG-TW1 instead.

Then my installer will do some DSP tuning to my liking. All in all, this custom sound system should be significantly better than the Bose or maybe even the Burmeister. Once installed, i will update my findings. I don't have the Bose or Burmeister to compare but I have heard the Burmeister sound on the Mercedes EQS so I kinda have an idea. I haven't really thought about upgrading car sound systems in the past because they all sounded "good enough" but maybe this is a good thing afterall.
I want to do the same thing. What's the cost to do this? Update when you're done.

dpham888

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, Mercedes EQS 450+ Sedan
Country flag
Right now, the cost is about $4000-$5000 installed, as described above, which is not bad. Talk to your installer to see if he has open box/used components. For instance, mine is giving me an open box Match Up 10DSP, which retails about $1400 for the same price as the retail of the Match Up 7DSP, which is about $850. Also, ask your installer for open box/used component speakers too.

Also, to have a cleaner, factory-look installation, I may get, for the rear boot trunk, the Bose subwoofer bass box on eBay for about $300 instead of the JL Audio Subwoofer box. Still, I am pretty sure the JL Audio Subwoofer box, at 10", will be significantly superior. Plus, I am not paying the Porsche tax for the upgrade option.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
for $5000 i'd rather just pay burmester and have an OEM setup lol.
Sponsored