Chris Dobson

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
So I took my car into dealer for its first mot and to extend the warranty and do an inspection and a recall

was advised to come and collect the car as all work was complete but I spotted an urgent marker on the report

Both radiator fans blocked - Requires Investigation.

They advised that I would have to rebook but after some discussion I have left the car with them as it makes no sense to drive it and have the risk of breaking the fans they said there was another one in the back with the same issue stripped down waiting to be assessed.

anyone else had this problem I’ve had the car 3 years from only done just over 13000 miles. Had a lot of other problems during ownership which majority has been rectified under warranty

new spoiler (original warped)
new rear light bar (original had loads of mould/algae growth inside)
Leak into boot pocket (chassis had a defect causing a leak)
Heaters have been replaced as stopped working
Rear door handle replaced (wouldn’t open)
Had countless updates.
Media screen stopped working
Seat rails replaced
Carbon wheels delaminated (had to fix this myself)
Drivers door gloss trim replaced (came off)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So I took my car into dealer for its first mot and to extend the warranty and do an inspection and a recall

was advised to come and collect the car as all work was complete but I spotted an urgent marker on the report

Both radiator fans blocked - Requires Investigation.

They advised that I would have to rebook but after some discussion I have left the car with them as it makes no sense to drive it and have the risk of breaking the fans they said there was another one in the back with the same issue stripped down waiting to be assessed.

anyone else had this problem I’ve had the car 3 years from only done just over 13000 miles. Had a lot of other problems during ownership which majority has been rectified under warranty

new spoiler (original warped)
new rear light bar (original had loads of mould/algae growth inside)
Leak into boot pocket (chassis had a defect causing a leak)
Heaters have been replaced as stopped working
Rear door handle replaced (wouldn’t open)
Had countless updates.
Media screen stopped working
Seat rails replaced
Carbon wheels delaminated (had to fix this myself)
Drivers door gloss trim replaced (came off)
Grit can get into the fan area on MY20 / MY21 cars - a known "feature" - which can lead to problems. I think MY23 (and possibly MY22) a redesign was put in place from what I recall. I had an MY21 4S for 2.5 years with no fan issues. My MY23 GTS ST is ok so far.

Re the other issues - can relate to the spoiler (never replaced and resolved itself each time the weather got warmer), software updates was / is the norm but less so now on MY23, heater failure on my 4S on the day I picked up my GTS ST (which itself had delayed delivered due to a partial heater issue!).