Brake calipers and wheels

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
So my RWD Taycan should be delivered by January and I’ve gone with the stock wheels as I plan on going after market 22 in vossen wheels. My only concern is, I have the standard brakes (which I’m assuming will be black), I was wondering if anyone has powder coated or painted the standard brakes and if that’s advisable or how it looks. Most pictures of the Taycan I see have the much larger brakes so just wondering if anyone can share any insight on the regular brakes.
Sponsored

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
I am expecting delivery of MY22 in 2 weeks. I did the same thing, kept the Porsche’s basic ones and have already ordered Vossens HF-4T (21” though) and will be getting the standard calipers coated in Red. Plan is to get it done the same or next day I pick up the car. Will share pics once I get it done if that helps. Check out below post, should help

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/experience-with-22-inch-wheels-on-taycan.2863/

Last edited:
OP
OP
electric9925

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I am expecting delivery of MY22 in 2 weeks. I did the same thing, kept the Porsche’s basic ones and have already ordered Vossens HF-4T (21” though) and will be getting the standard calipers coated in Red. Plan is to get it done the same or next day I pick up the car. Will share pics once I get it done if that helps. Check out below post, should help

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/experience-with-22-inch-wheels-on-taycan.2863/
Yup gonna get the Vossen HF-4T as well and gonna get calipers in red, you think the 22s are too big? Also, what color is your Taycan. Mine is cherry metallic.

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
Yup gonna get the Vossen HF-4T as well and gonna get calipers in red, you think the 22s are too big? Also, what color is your Taycan. Mine is cherry metallic.
I have not seen any 22” wheels with standard calipers in person, so cant comment on that. See that other post that has images on 22” with standard calipers.. will get an idea. I personally think 21” should be good enough for standard calipers. I am getting calipers in red as well on Neptune Blue.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Taycan is very heavy and you will not have a lot of rubber protecting the wheels on a 22". Potholes will not be kind.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
So my RWD Taycan should be delivered by January and I’ve gone with the stock wheels as I plan on going after market 22 in vossen wheels. My only concern is, I have the standard brakes (which I’m assuming will be black), I was wondering if anyone has powder coated or painted the standard brakes and if that’s advisable or how it looks. Most pictures of the Taycan I see have the much larger brakes so just wondering if anyone can share any insight on the regular brakes.
Painted callipers in gold. Standard braken with 21” rims

Porsche Taycan Brake calipers and wheels E715F435-E74A-44E3-84FB-758A4C324E42
Sponsored