First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all!

So I have looked tirelessly for a few days on this forum but I haven't really found what I'm looking for. First time poster. I am picking up my pre-owned 2022 White RWD next weekend. I love the Mission E look (stormtrooper). I fell in love with the Taycan when I saw the commercial a few years ago. It was the Turbo S so that's why my intial thought was to paint the PSCB calipers yellow. But I do think since they are significantly smaller than the PCCB, it won't look nearly as good. I don't like how the white looks since I'll have the white mission e wheels as well.

Does anyone have white mission e wheels and either painted the PSCB calipers black or yellow? I've seen a few posts where the PSCB calipers where painted yellow but not with the mission e wheels so it's hard to gauge how it'd look with the mission e wheels.

Thank you

Sponsored

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Search “Taycan turbo s mission e wheels.”
Turbo S all came with yellow PCCB calipers.
Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels IMG_0852

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels IMG_0850
Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels IMG_0851

OP
OP
taycandaddy

taycandaddy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Search “Taycan turbo s mission e wheels.”
Turbo S all came with yellow PCCB calipers.
IMG_0852.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg
IMG_0851.jpeg
Appreciate it! But these are the PCCB calipers which are significantly larger than the PSCB calipers. I'm looking for photos of anyone that has painted the PSCB calipers black or yellow with the mission e wheels.

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In the first model year the PSCB shared the same caliper as PCCB so it looks the same. The later ones look close enough

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
These are the best pictures I have right now (car is currently at dealer for service). MY 22 w/PSCBs. Although, not with white mission Es. I think the calipers/rotors appear bigger if you have the standard Mission Es compared to the jet/gloss black version since there's less black emptiness between the caliper and wheel.

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels 1698373528495

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels 1698373567530

Last edited:
OP
OP
taycandaddy

taycandaddy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
These are the best pictures I have right now (car is currently at dealer for service). MY 22 w/PSCBs. Although, not with white mission Es. I think the calipers/rotors appear bigger if you have the standard Mission Es compared to the jet/gloss black version since there's less black emptiness between the caliper and wheel.

1698373528495.png

1698373567530.png
Awesome pics! If you don't mind me asking, what's your car in for? And please send photos whenever you get it back or if you have some more side profile photos! Would love to get photos of the whole car from the side to get a better idea of how big they look in comparison to the size of the car.

Thanks in advance!

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
You do you, but... people who know when they look at your car and see yellow calipers on non-PCCB come away with only a conclusion, which isn't a nice one. And those who don't know Porsches, you aren't impressing since they don't know anything about Porsche calipers. Kind of like sticking M badges on non-M BMWs or AMG badges on Mercs. Those who know what those badges mean, know it is no M or AMG or PCCB ;-)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
In 50 years of car ownership this is the first time I have seen people concerned by, or even looking at brake calipers let alone their colour :)!
I suppose “have option will consider at length”

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In 50 years of car ownership this is the first time I have seen people concerned by, or even looking at brake calipers let alone their colour :)!
I suppose “have option will consider at length”
Pity us in North America who also have to be concerned about the orange turn signal lenses required by regulation, which in addition to certain brake caliper colors, can create quite the color clash. Here are "before and after" photos of my Taycan, where you can see the exterior color palette goes from green/black/red/orange/silver to a much calmer green/black/silver.
Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels Original

Porsche Taycan PSCB Brake Calipers Painted Black or Yellow on Mission E Wheels Customized

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Pity us in North America who also have to be concerned about the orange turn signal lenses required by regulation, which in addition to certain brake caliper colors, can create quite the color clash. Here are "before and after" photos of my Taycan, where you can see the exterior color palette goes from green/black/red/orange/silver to a much calmer green/black/silver.
Original.jpeg

Customized.jpeg
FWIW I do notice the orange indicators light but sort of accept it as part of a car for the last 50 years or so, though it is nice that one can fit a clear cover if one so desires.
OTOH I don’t notice anything about the callipers, unless specifically looking which I normally wouldn’t pay any attention to.

Just my lack of interest I suppose, mind you being “forced” to look at the picture I did notice the Porsche crest is 180 degrees out of its conventional orientation (another thing only drawn to my attention on forums, otherwise I’d never notice or care), which presumable invalidates the warranty or means no serious Porsche enthusiast will ever talk to you again ;)

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
I thought it was Porsche that started this whole caliper painting craze, and then made the colors hierarchical like everything else. I recall in my Corvette days, there was some trend starting for powdercoating in interesting colors or body color matching. When I got my M5, what do you know, the calipers are painted in body matching color (Monte Carlo Blue). None of my other BMWs ever had painted calipers. I figured it was in response to Porsche (and then Tesla).
Sponsored