Brake dust w/ standard brakes and low dust brake pad options?

AlterZgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Taycan 4SCT, 21 992 Carrera S, 23 BMW X3 M40i
Country flag
Hi - I have a Taycan 4S CT on order with standard brakes and the 21" CT design wheels which is, IMO, one of the best wheel designs ever - stock or aftermarket. Of course, they look like a PITA to clean so I was wondering if a Taycan generates a significant amt of brake dust and, if so, are there any low dust ceramic brake pad options for these cars? Or does the brake regen really limit the actual braking that takes place and the rims will stay relatively clean and dust free?

I have a 992 Carrera S w/ standard brakes and the brake dust is really bad, but I recently switched to Hawk Ceramic pads and it has elimitated 95% of the brake dust so just curious if this is an issue w/ Taycans and if there is a similar ceramic pad option. Thanks.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi - I have a Taycan 4S CT on order with standard brakes and the 21" CT design wheels which is, IMO, one of the best wheel designs ever - stock or aftermarket. Of course, they look like a PITA to clean so I was wondering if a Taycan generates a significant amt of brake dust and, if so, are there any low dust ceramic brake pad options for these cars? Or does the brake regen really limit the actual braking that takes place and the rims will stay relatively clean and dust free?

I have a 992 Carrera S w/ standard brakes and the brake dust is really bad, but I recently switched to Hawk Ceramic pads and it has elimitated 95% of the brake dust so just curious if this is an issue w/ Taycans and if there is a similar ceramic pad option. Thanks.
Speaking as someone with the same car and a big focus on brake dust, I would say the brake dust is 75% less than std Porsche brakes.

Pro-tip: Get your wheels ceramic coated…include the barrels and the calipers. I find that with the coating, what little brake dust there is comes off very easily. Btw, most of what I am cleaning isn’t brake dust, it’s traffic film. Good luck 👍

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have the white caliper and they are always so clean. No brakes dust on the wheels only dust from the road.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Discussed in numerous threads - because the car brakes with electric motors 75+% of the time you only get a fraction of dust that ICE cars produce. Makes cleaning mine a pleasure now!
Sponsored