Brand new Porsche Charging Tariff Premium - you can now charge at attractive conditions (maybe)

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
Looks like our friends at Porsche have masterminded a new pricing structure for Taycan charging subscription.
It appears now as a monthly subscription at £29.99/month, with the following charges:

AC Charging - £0.54/kw then £0.20/min after 4 hours. DC charging £0.74/kw then £0.20/min after 60 minutes. At Ionity and Porsche dealers it is £0.39/kw and £0.20/min after 60 minutes.

The monthly charge seems outrageous - might be worth it in the month of an epic road trip though. Finally, they realized how embarrassing the pricing was at Porsche dealers from the loyalty perspective - it is now the same as Ionity....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
when i have looked the £29.99 applies from next year when my three years is up and not immediately. It's still an increase on prices though.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
when i have looked the £29.99 applies from next year when my three years is up and not immediately. It's still an increase on prices though.
Although the cheeky so and sos are trying to persuade us to switch now. It’s a materially poorer offering than the existing setup so, like you, I’ll wait until my 3 years are up (end of October thus year for me).

I suppose Ionity has been held down at a very competitive price for a good few years so this isn’t the end of the world when I do have to renew for my final year

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Although the cheeky so and sos are trying to persuade us to switch now. It’s a materially poorer offering than the existing setup so, like you, I’ll wait until my 3 years are up (end of October thus year for me).

I suppose Ionity has been held down at a very competitive price for a good few years so this isn’t the end of the world when I do have to renew for my final year
Yes i've read the terms and it's not a great deal. I guess these will be the new terms for new cars now.

Surprising since electricity is coming down and they must be minting it with the deals they made with other manufacturers.

Reactions: MrB

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Something I don’t Get. It was decently priced and now it’s not. Ionity was 0.30.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Original contract is still the full 3 years though, even though it auto renews each year within that period?!

there’s no way I’m breaking to go on this. You’d have to have rocks in your head

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
It appears my contract (original £0.00 per month) ends in June 2024, just a year after I picked up my car. That’s not right is it?!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Looks like our friends at Porsche have masterminded a new pricing structure for Taycan charging subscription.
It appears now as a monthly subscription at £29.99/month, with the following charges:

AC Charging - £0.54/kw then £0.20/min after 4 hours. DC charging £0.74/kw then £0.20/min after 60 minutes. At Ionity and Porsche dealers it is £0.39/kw and £0.20/min after 60 minutes.

The monthly charge seems outrageous - might be worth it in the month of an epic road trip though. Finally, they realized how embarrassing the pricing was at Porsche dealers from the loyalty perspective - it is now the same as Ionity....
Could you find the monthly charge somewhere. I can see the new charging structure here in France, but not the new monthly charge. From your figures it is a huge increase

Her are the ones I can see now
Previous cost for subscription. € 179 p.a.
New cost € ? Unknown (?€350??)

New cost for charging € 0.29 / kWh plus 0.20 per min after 4 hours
New cost for DC charge €0.49 /kWh plus 0.20 per min after 60 min
Ionity cost for charge DC €0.39 / kWh plus 0.20 per min after 60 min.

If you want to have Porsche Connect as today at €309 per year plus say the €350 for charging, that is 650 Euro per year for a start.

Not very attractive to stay with a Porsche EV then. Looks like my new car will be back to an ICE car!!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It appears my contract (original £0.00 per month) ends in June 2024, just a year after I picked up my car. That’s not right is it?!
It normally will extend for another year FoC within the 3 year period. It only showed 1 year at a time for me as well, but no cost extension for 3 years. Think that is in your contract as well. Normal Porsche logic

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
It normally will extend for another year FoC within the 3 year period. It only showed 1 year at a time for me as well, but no cost extension for 3 years. Think that is in your contract as well. Normal Porsche logic
Makes sense…. 🤣

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
In the 15 months I have owned my Taycan I have charged 3 times at Porsche Wolverhampton, once with high power, the others around 100kW which makes the charge per minute even more infuriating.
I have once been past an Ionity station but didn’t see the entry until too late on a busy road so continued to avoid pissing off other road users. I was only going to see if plug and charge worked - I didn’t need the charge luckily.

I shan’t bother with this virtual (for me) benefit once mine runs out, it has probably saved me no more than £10 so far. I so rarely charge away from home I am much more willing to pay a bit extra for good service and convenience than have inconvenience to save a few quid.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
We need a startup that solves the issues with different tariffs and weird EV charging plans.

A friend had my car for two weeks, and before he left I thought I could explain him how charging works. I explained the tariff setup (so, you pay per kwh and time), and gave him 3!! different charging cards from different providers. And told him which one to use at which station. At that point he said, "why on earth would I want to buy an EV, this is too complex. I just want to go to a charger and charge and pay a normal "competitive" price like with my ICE car. Why can't I just pay with Apple Pay or any other debit card". That summed it up really good. It is a mess, and of course Porsche wants a big piece of that messy pie

GMarcs66

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ,Range Rover,
Country flag
When I renewed connect I still get original Ionity charge rates For the year ! No one’s going to sign up for new terms unless they force it. The way things are with EV ownership now, ICE is looking the more appealing option with the massive depreciation and battery’s losing power.
dont get me wrong great car if you do less than 150 mile in a day.
the incentives are wearing thin though.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I renewed connect I still get original Ionity charge rates For the year ! No one’s going to sign up for new terms unless they force it. The way things are with EV ownership now, ICE is looking the more appealing option with the massive depreciation and battery’s losing power.
dont get me wrong great car if you do less than 150 mile in a day.
the incentives are wearing thin though.
Interesting that you seem to Connect and Porsche Charging Service bundled to just Porsche Vonnect? That was not the way for me in renewal in 2023. I had two subscriptions, one for Connect and one for Charging. Unless they have changed things again now.

For the time being I will skip Charging service and just use Tesla open for all chargers. Subscription for that is 12.99 € per month you use it. And on the routes I travel frequently there are masses of Tesla stations, each with 12 to up to 40 chargers per site. Slower at 150 kW only but time difference is about 6 min from 20 to 80% charge.

Porsche Connect has also had so much trouble and downtime lately so not too attractive.
Sponsored