DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Someone else mentioned they were able to resolve this with some tech exploration - making a dedicated thread for tracking this and hopefully identifying a TSB.

I've reached out to my service advisor to have him research this as it would be a serious game-changer for ingress/egress for me.

As a workaround I've set seat position 3 to have the wheel fully forward, and I manually do that before I open the door to exit. Then manually return to position 1 on re-entry.
Sponsored

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I've noticed only my seat seems to move back, the wheel adjustment does not automatically work either for me either, '20 Taycan 4S.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I've noticed only my seat seems to move back, the wheel adjustment does not automatically work either for me either, '20 Taycan 4S.
Is it possible that it's already raised to it's highest position?

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine does the same thing. I have a service appointment on 9/1. Based on what I've read here I doubt they are going to be able to resolve it. I'll let you know.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have discovered a workaround:

- Configure seat position 3 with the steering wheel fully retracted.
- When you get done using the car, power it off (wait for it to be fully off) and then hold position 3 to retract the wheel.
- When you get in next time, it should reset the wheel and seat to position 1. If it doesn't, hold 3 again but it usually does.

I would very much like to stop doing this and I'm eager to hear what your service center says @ampitup.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

- When you get done using the car, power it off (wait for it to be fully off) and then hold position 3 to retract the wheel.
- When you get in next time, it should reset the wheel and seat to position 1. If it doesn't, hold 3 again but it usually does.

I would very much like to stop doing this and I'm eager to hear what your service center says @ampitup.
Thanks. I'll let you know as soon as I have my appointment.

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Is it possible that it's already raised to it's highest position?
I have only raised the wheel up a tiny bit, although the main thing I expected is my wheel position is also moved towards the driver a bit as I have the chair moved back as well. I will play around with it a bit more.

For Comfort Entry, the seat moves backwards so you have more clearance from the wheel/dash, and I expect the wheel to move the opposite direction back towards and up, to make room for your legs and body getting out.

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

I tried that out, it just moves so slowly, and I dislike having to hold the button. I wish you could just push it once and have it continues adjusting, but it seems like you have to hold the number buttons down continously.

Just a minor gripe, I'll bring it up to the dealer next time i"m in as well.

dwollenh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 F 350 Limited SuperDuty
Country flag
My comfort Access worked fine in my 2020 4s until the big update. As did my lane keep assist. After the upgrade, the Lane keep assist is all but gone off the dash, but still in the console menu (doesn't work). And my wheel no longer moves when exiting the car. Seat still moves back, but nat far enough from keeping me from hitting the B pillar all the time. Last week, that pillar popped off and now will not stay in place. I'll be taking it back to the shop soon to address that as well as the recent recall.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone made progress on this issue and if so, can you share your service report so we can share it with our dealers?

Reactions: KTC

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Has anyone made progress on this issue and if so, can you share your service report so we can share it with our dealers?
This happened to me and I had the dealer look at it the other day. They were able to fix it. They did this by "reprogram front control unit and teach steering column adjustment using PIWIS tester". Hope that helps.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This happened to me and I had the dealer look at it the other day. They were able to fix it. They did this by "reprogram front control unit and teach steering column adjustment using PIWIS tester". Hope that helps.
That's useful info, thanks! Will try it.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So I took it in this morning and...turns out Comfort Entry was working as designed. The problem is, it's only designed to move the wheel UP, not forward.

I run the wheel at the top extent so it wasn't do anything on exit. Running the wheel lower I can observe the wheel move up when I open the door.

I have an unfortunate hip issue on my left leg that complicates my ingress/egress so I guess I will continue to use my workaround of:

- Shut the car down completely (all animations finish)
- Press and hold preset 3 which is set to move my wheel all the way forward.

Annoying, but it is what it is.
Sponsored