First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Some potential good news!
Today my SiriusXM trial ran out, and for the first time in WEEKS I was able to start the car and have Sirius work without performing the joker key workaround.

I am hopeful this bug is tied to the trial period in some way, and it's now behind me. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Some potential good news!
Today my SiriusXM trial ran out, and for the first time in WEEKS I was able to start the car and have Sirius work without performing the joker key workaround.

I am hopeful this bug is tied to the trial period in some way, and it's now behind me. Fingers crossed.
mine also gave me issues that were cured (and have stayed cured for last two months or so) once trial period ended...seems likely that trial may be the issue.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
mine also gave me issues that were cured (and have stayed cured for last two months or so) once trial period ended...seems likely that trial may be the issue.
Yeah! It was good for me again this morning.
I've never wished harder for a free trial of something to end :)

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It looks like the disabled SiriusXM issue went away definitively when the trial ended.

I now get a daily popup informing me my subscription has changed. I guess that's progress :)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My SirusXM worked for the first few days and now is greyed out and says function not available. So is the only solution so far to wait on the trial to end?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My SirusXM worked for the first few days and now is greyed out and says function not available. So is the only solution so far to wait on the trial to end?
The workaround is wire the <> button to "Change Source" and use that to navigate to SiriusXM. It will magically work again.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The workaround is wire the <> button to "Change Source" and use that to navigate to SiriusXM. It will magically work again.
I followed the Porsche instructions posted where I held the joker button on the steering wheel, selected change source. Now when I press the joker <> on the steering wheel it cycles through online radio, etc. When it gets to SirusXm says to check the antenna.

EDIT: I re-read the Porsche bulletin. I set the joker button to change source. Then selected Media on the PCM (did not touch the joker button) and SirusXm is working fine.

Is this a one time thing or does it come and go?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I followed the Porsche instructions posted where I held the joker button on the steering wheel, selected change source. Now when I press the joker <> on the steering wheel it cycles through online radio, etc. When it gets to SirusXm says to check the antenna.

EDIT: I re-read the Porsche bulletin. I set the joker button to change source. Then selected Media on the PCM (did not touch the joker button) and SirusXm is working fine.

For me it happened daily until my Sirius XM trial expired.

Then for a couple days it would pop up "Your subscription has changed" and now it finally just works normally.

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag

this worked for me

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is now happening to me every single day. I actually can't wait for my trial to expire in hopes that the issue is somehow linked to that.

I suspect it might be, since I get the "welcome" popup every time I do the workaround.
This must be something new in an update or a glitch. Mine greyed out right after I took delivery, I did the workaround with the steering key, and worked fine, until I took it to the dealer a month ago for an unrelated issue. It now cuts out all the time, tells me to check my antenna and until my 3-mos trial lapsed, used to make me accept the trial every time I got into the car. Frustrating, and yes it take forever to load, sometimes a couple of miles before It plays.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Joker key NEVER worked for me or Porsche employees. Mine greyed out 2 days after delivery. Porsche says they have it working now so I'll find out when I get my car back. FWIW it was towed in for dead 12V battery at 2 months old. They advised software updates were performed to remedy the situations. Joker key TSB may be temporary fix.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The joker key worked for me. I programmed it to "Change source." I am not sure if I turned the car off or just went right back to the PCM, but the satellite radio came back and I have had to do it again. I still have the joker button programmed to change source as I have not set it up for anything else.