Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
Hi, I am the proud owner of a Taycan Turbo S since last Wednesday :). Besides the fact that the car is awesome to see & drive, I myself have a number of strange issues:
  1. The trunk sometimes opens spontaneously. Today this happened again when I and the key were not around at all. On surveillance video I see the trunk open spontaneously 20 minutes after my departure without blinking the hazard lights. These do blink if you open the trunk with the key. This is a big problem if there are valuables in the trunk, in case of rain etc. It also seems complicated from an insurance perspective.
  2. The spoiler also sometimes rises spontaneously while I am not in the car.
  3. It often fails to lock the car. The handles on all doors and the key fail. If I open and close the driverdoor again it will work.
  4. The trunk cannot (usually) be closed from the center console. Sometimes it works, but usually the button just does nothing at all. The button in the trunk works without problems.
  5. After closing the car, it has happened a few times that the driver screen remains on indefinetly. There is nothing on the screen, but when it's dark you see that the backlight is turned on. Turning the car on and off again will do the trick.
I don't know if anyone has seen these issues before? (couldn't find them in the post of louv). Or if it is specifically related to my car? Does anyone has any tips or tricks to try?
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Whoa, this sounds like you have a short, a bad fuse or some kind of wiring problem. Hopefully you can get it evaluated by your dealer.

B777

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911SC,Panamera S,Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi, I am the proud owner of a Taycan Turbo S since last Wednesday :). Besides the fact that the car is awesome to see & drive, I myself have a number of strange issues:
  1. The trunk sometimes opens spontaneously. Today this happened again when I and the key were not around at all. On surveillance video I see the trunk open spontaneously 20 minutes after my departure without blinking the hazard lights. These do blink if you open the trunk with the key. This is a big problem if there are valuables in the trunk, in case of rain etc. It also seems complicated from an insurance perspective.
  3. It often fails to lock the car. The handles on all doors and the key fail. If I open and close the driverdoor again it will work.
  4. The trunk cannot (usually) be closed from the center console. Sometimes it works, but usually the button just does nothing at all. The button in the trunk works without problems.
  5. After closing the car, it has happened a few times that the driver screen remains on indefinetly. There is nothing on the screen, but when it's dark you see that the backlight is turned on. Turning the car on and off again will do the trick.
I don't know if anyone has seen these issues before? (couldn't find them in the post of louv). Or if it is specifically related to my car? Does anyone has any tips or tricks to try?
FYI have seen a similar issue in a Panamera and it was the key but didn’t involved the spoiler

Jwhmwh875

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carmine Red Taycan 4S & Macan S
Country flag
Switch keys and see if it still happens

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm going to try another key and will post the result!

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

all but (5) have not happened to me since 12th of March (this is when my Taycan arrived). 5 has happened at least 4 times so far. And sometimes the display would even work when car is locked.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oddly enough, another wireless key seems to have solved almost all the problems. Thanks @Jwhmwh875 and @B777 ! I'm going to ask for an replacement of the 'broken' wireless key.

Unfortunately only number 3 is still present. It often happens that the car cannot be locked without opening and closing the door again. Or press the door handle several times. This is the case with every door, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the door handle itself. If anyone has a tip or trick for that I would like to hear it :)
Sponsored